Register now to get rid of these ads!

wheels, tires, and Galaxie offset

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by madgrinder, Apr 27, 2010.

1. madgrinder

madgrinder

What is peculiar about the 64 Galaxie wheel offset??? I've been warned, but I measured it and I think I can get a 15 x 8 chrome reverse on it with a 4" backspace... am I wrong?

I can only find chrome "smoothies" with caps and two bolt patterns... I really want a capless look with spiders and only ONE bolt pattern. Any favorite vendors for trad chrome reverse?

2. madgrinder

madgrinder

3. madgrinder

madgrinder

last bttt... then I'll let it die:(

4. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I don't know for sure, but I'll ask the question of the Ford Galaxie Club and see if anyone has an answer. My 63 had the wheels when I bought it so I don't know.

5. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

my 63 merc is the same frame as a galaxie. When I bought my wheels last year, they were 14" smoothies. I think the backspacing was 4 or 4.5" not exactly sure though. I'll see if i can find the part #'s and specs.

6. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

just finished checking, and I bought the ones with the 4" back space. I have no clearance issues that i know of. Mine are only 6" wide though. Not sure, but you might have a problem with the 8" width.

7. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

8" wheels fit on the back of my 61. I stuck some 235/70/15 tires on it, and everything cleared. I have a rim out in the garage that matches what's on there. I'll post up the demisions later tonight.

Attached Files:

8. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

I had 8" reversed chrome on my 64 years ago. J70 Thompson tires with
    no clearance problems. Maybe had air shocks can't remember that was in 68.
    They were 15".

9. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

My friend had a 64 with keystones, 15x8 with L50-15 T/A's years ago..no clearance problems..probably a 4" backspace...