Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Wheel Vintiques Chrome Smoothies. Quality?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rckt98, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Rckt98

Rckt98

After much deliberation on wheels for my 39 Chev Coupe I am about to order a set of chromies as above.
    I swapped between Cragar SS, Artillery rims and smoothies but think the smoothies the look I like.
    Any issues with the chrome plating?
    Bear in mind these need to be ordered and paid for, sight unseen, before being shipped to New Zealand.
    Russell.

Hudson31 likes this.
  2. I was able to get these in 2008 from a guy here in Oz, I ordered 15x6 and 15x7 Wheel Vintique Chrome Smoothies with the standard offset and supplied baby moons and was very pleased with the quality and everything about them......I installed Coker Classic Whitewall Radials, 195/75x15 and 235/75x15, o/k mine was a 1941 Plymouth Coupe so that's a difference but everything cleared inner & outer and I had no issues re the wheels or tyres, ran the tyres at 35psi, the wheels back then were approx. $200.00 each with the tyres being $385/415.00 each, so wheels & tyres were $600.00 Oz per corner plus balancing, I fitted the things to the car myself................ended up selling the car in 2013 like a dope............lol................andyd

Attached Files:

3. dan31

dan31

I have had both Wheel Smith and Wheel Vintiques chromies and had no problems at all . I'm not 100% positives on this but i think the ones that Speedway Motors sells are Vintiques ?. I got mine directly from the companies themselves.

4. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

I ordered two7x15 rallye rims from jegs when I got them this side of the atlantic I was not happy with the quality of the welds,one looked very good the weld on the second looked much smaller and there was a lot of weld splatter,looked like the gas ran out during the welding.took it up with jegs who took it up with vintiques.they said the weld was strong enough.if I was picking these up in the shop I would have left the second one behind me.alas they were on this side of the atlantic when I discovered this.i expected much better quality control from this brand .

5. Rckt98

Rckt98

Thanks guys.
    Andydodge, they look good and are the same sizes I plan to order (15 x 7, 15 x 6) with standard offset.

Cheers
    Russell

6. Dave purchased the chrome rims for the confused pickup from Wheel Vintiques. HRP

[​IMG]

mgtstumpy likes this.