Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's Wrong With This Pic.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low springs, Jan 7, 2007.

1. wvenfield

wvenfield

Everyone knows it's hacked. Really, nobody needs to mention it again. Seems to me that the thread should concentrate on helping the guy get his car back and right.

Screw what was done. It's done. Someone assist the guy in getting his car back.

2. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

^^^ I agree.

My car is being notched and bagged as we speak by Ponch from the Bagman. www.bagmanss.com. Though I know I can probably do it myself, tools, time and energy to do it just seem practical to just pay for the work knowing it would be safe and guaranteed.My little ones and freinds are generally my passengers and there is no amount of money that can replace them or my freinds. Yes it is expensive but he has had it 3 weeks and he promised it would be done in another 3. For everyone vouching you are a stand-up guy I sure feel for you. Good Luck and PM me ifyou need more info bout the "bagman".

Al~chevnut

3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

right on and well said..done kickin the dog..time to pony up! lets get it back up and on the street right this time..well said BTW Wvenfield!

4. I've been trying to get ahold of you, are you avoiding me? I've sent a number of messages with no reply. You alright, Danté?
    I wanted to talk about a few things including your work is going to be in Hot Rod. PM back.

5. converseandbowlingshirts

converseandbowlingshirts
    from Eugene, OR

If I wanted shitty welds like that, I would do them myself!

6. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

well were to start..... it has been difficult to login for a long time. after awhile i just stopped trying. then it just went that i never stopped in anymore. the same went on at Jockey Journal. fianlly i borrowed a friends laptop to post this.

E-6 just mind your own damn buisness.

yes i started the job.... but it sat for along time at my place in riverside waiting for them to come up with cash. that never happended though.

BUT i borrowed a truck that just so happenly the tranny went out on. i took it to John in exchange for payment on his car. the trans was rebuilt but my buddy wasn't happy. i kept having to call John on the issue. he came down to look at it and took it home to figure things out. i got it back and still not right. so in fustration and a couple of months of back and forth. it was better to just sell the truck instead of having to deal with the trans.

the second trans well, i don't know yet cause it hasn't been run yet.

he has givin me $300 money order to have new trailing arms made with 1/4 boxed steel. these things are built solid. but that $$ didn't go into my pocket cause i had them outsourced due to the fact that i have no time.

now John lives an 1 1/2 hrs away. on a bad day it takes me almost 2hrs. the 91 between the 55 and 215 suck ass. plus it makes it a bit difficult cause i have to lug a 200lb 220 miller welder, grinder, cut off wheels,scrap metal and a bunch of tools with me cause none of the stuff i would need at his place. also i have think into the future of things i might need. but it never fails, that one tool you need is over an hr away.

i have already fixed the cracks on the passenger side rail and welded a 3/16" plate to strengthen it and lowered the bag bracket to give him better height into driveways. i stayed at his place for about 8hrs and left close to midnight on sunday awhile back.

time lapsed when he was trying to sell one of his cars to come with cash for a 4 link kit. after about a month he finally got it and i decided to go a different route.

i have been stuck at work with a serious deadline that has gone pass the date. that's just on my weekdays..... my weekends are spent on another serious project that needs to be done real soon. or else we'll be stuck on public transportation.

this what i have been doing that should have been painted on 4th of july. this car has so much race history on it. it holds a 200mph record. as you can see that date has come and gone.... so i can't have a social life for awhile... i haven't even mentioned trying to organize the 3rd annual Luau for the lowdown.. the plus the reason i was at Gooz since Bob brought it up. the shop was closed due to the fact that the guy had to put in some serious over time. so since this was a last min. thing i went to gooz if that's fine with yall?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

oh yeah...... how much do you think a job like this would run to fi x?

an easy $3500 if not more.... what have i gotten $1,200 in trannsmission work. am i going to be expecting tranny rebuilds for the next few yrs. (please)

yes john is a nice guy, and his car will get finished. i have a bunch shit on my plate right now. once i get a free moment this will get done and over with.

i also PMed a few people to get John's # again. plus i don't know his address. i just know how to get there. and driving 1 an 1/2 hr for him not to be there is not an option.

8. Von Franco

Von Franco

Low-Springs thanks for clearing thing up. there`s allways two sides to a story.
    This is how things should be in the car world people helping each other out
    and making thing right............................
    Endsville Franco..............

9. badriand

badriand
    from tx

We 've got some dirt daubers here in texas that flow there welds better than that.:D

10. That's a God Damn shame. I hope he fixes it

11. groundcrapper

groundcrapper
    from california

thats why your the best dante

12. irishpol

irishpol
    from Texas

What"s Right With It!!!

13. Any updates? Did John ever get his car fixed?

14. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Yeah any updates? I'd like to see that car when we come out to Paso Maria. Did it ever get fixed?

B:)B

15. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Man, that shit is scary lookin! Who the hell did that hack job?

16. hot rod wille

hot rod wille

Jeez--shit like that makes my butt pucker! People always tell me I over-build my cars--but every one of them lasts forever--my 37 coupe has been on the road almost 30 years,almost 100,000 miles on it. Nothing broken--no weird tire wear--no shake and shimmy. If people would just get a second opinion sometime,maybe crap like this wouldn't happen.
    But then again--some people just should not work on cars!

17. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

"All of the weight and support is in the wrong places. it's like trying to get a fat girl to stand on a water balloon with high heels on. something is gonna give up"

Classic, simply classic

18. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

that shop should be shut down

19. hot rod wille

hot rod wille

20. toddc

toddc

Shitty welding is less than half of the problem. Fucken horrendous design is the problem, coupled with just as bad a choice of materials.

As for MIG Vs TIG, MIG can be just as strong as TIG. That said, I've been in metal working for 10 years, and only met 1 guy certified to do overhead MIG on pressure vessels. He says that MIG is the HARDEST type of weld to get right - and I completely agree.

Buy a TIG. And some one needs to name that scum that did this work.

21. Dznuts

Dznuts
    from ATL jo ja

who ever did this work should be charged with attempted homicide!

oh and thats no 4 link, its a damn ladder bar! and literally the worst one ive EVER seen!!!!!! i hope he didnt pay this man for that work. this is proof once again that just because you own a welder doesnt mean you should weld.

22. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

This looks like the bagged crap I see everyday, and have fix..er..start over. But to be honest this really is'nt that bad comaperd to some of the stuff that has been trailered to my shop.

At least he didnt spend $30,000 and then have to rent a U-Haul moving van to move it out of the shop it was at. TRUE STORY!

23. sdfs10

sdfs10

WOW!!!! That's some bad fab work. It looks sweet all laid out.