Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's with all the Streetrod pic's?????

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Bad Bob, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Is it just me,or is there TOO MANY Streetrods in everybody's GNRS pic threads? Every thread I look at with pic's from the show are full of BULLSHIT,NON-HAMB worthy cars! Dreadman is the only guy who takes selective pic's,besides me of course,LOL!!!
    How many billet Willys do I have to see,to get to the good stuff? Wish I could have gone....that way there would be a thread with HAMB style cars. Instead of photo albums with 300 pic's,20-30 of which belong on here!!!! I was starting to think I was on Hotrod Hotline...
    Okay....i'm done complaining!!! Let me have it! HA HA HA!!!!

2. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

the detroit autorama pics (08) were like that too,,,,,,

the ridler winner did absolutely nothing for me,,,,then a bunch of people posted something like "not my style, but i can appreciate the work that went into it".....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz,,,,there are other sites for cars like that,,,its NOT what the HAMB is about.....

3. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no kool pics from BB on the grns???? well shit!! Im going out to the shop..................

4. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

You would rather see....dare I say it....Wat Wods?....LOL

5. HARUMPH!!!!!!
    I agree! There's alot of work that goes into most expensive car builds,but that doesn't mean I want to see every car at a show,just I couldn't be there! Over half the cars shown,I would have just walked right by them if I was there in person!
    BTW-love what you're doing with your car!!!

6. Sorry! In less something changes tonight,meaning soon,I won't be there this year...

7. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

yeah,,,thats how it goes for me too most of the time,,,,i basically walk right past most cars,,,it gets boring,,,,but if i see even a couple of cool cars, then its usually worth going anyway....

if that compliment was directed towards my car,,,,THANKS!,,:)

8. F&J

F&J

Us old coots that want to see only old trad stuff are in the minority...everywhere..even here at times.

But you say you might not go, and then it's one less hamb friendly car there and "they" win.

9. Yeah,I hear ya....

10. Yes it was...

11. I would agree to a point but it is probably a pretty blurry line as to what someone thinks is appropriate and what is not. Every thread that has pictures from an event eventually has someone asking if there are any pictures of a car that wasn't shown but can be seen in the background.

The other thing I would say is that most of the posts are just links to photobucket and some guys might be posting on numerous board and its just easier to put them all in than sort them for each board they post on.

I guess the old saying of "if you want it done right do it yourself" is right one the money.:D

12. I hear you Bob. The thin end of the wedge is gettin thicker round here.

13. Guess it won't get done right,this year! I take pic's of EVERY traditional car,when I go on Friday. I usually get asked for pic's other cars,so when I return on Saturday,I get the pic's i'm asked for.

BTW-If the line is "blurry",they are in the wrong place...

14. beatnik

beatnik

It's just you, the photos are representative of what's at the shows. Most of the people taking the pictures are interested in more than just Traditional Rods and Customs, there taken pictures for themelves or their website and there nice enough to post a link to their photo albums for everyone to see who could not make it. Some of these guys take pictures of every car at the show.

If I went to the show I'd have to walk through and look at the other stuff so whats the difference. It's better to see a few cars that you don't like than getting a few pics of what one person think is cool and missing some cool cars.

The shows not even over yet, there will be plenty of posts from HAMB members that are going to be very representative of what we are all intrested in, so stop you bitchen.

15. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

all I've seen are links. someone posted pics? I hate links.

if they moved the show back here to Oakland there would be a picture post.

I hate links.

16. JLasvegas

JLasvegas
    from Skin city

could it be that the streetrods are pretty much all there are anymore at alot of these shows?

17. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

There should be a Suede Palace picture thread and that's it. Waaay too many bling-mobiles in the photo coverage.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  18. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

It must be just you Bbob...personally I like looking at EVERY car there...but, yeah, NOT every car is HAMB worthy...I'm not so narrow minded that I cannot take an idea from a "street rod" and use it on my car...

I like all the pix of the various cars at ANY car show...personally, I get very tired of looking at flat blak, overly chopped, overly lowered Model A's...or blak '32 Fords...

R-

19. Hey Bob, I woulda taken some good pics if I could have made it down there but I had some classes to attend today for a Class A license. You are right though, Ryans pics were of very nice finished cars but I was hoping to see him sneak a few unfinished/project cars into a thread somewhere. Dreadman put some great pics up yesterday saw my buds 1000$ 32' roadster in a pic. I really wanted to go see Russel Scott and His Redhots perform also. I will take some pics for ya'll at March Meets. All I got to say is wheres Batman's pics, I mean Mazooma1 :D?-Weeks

20. I hear ya 49ratfink. I hate links also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-Weeks

21. Well I would have to say not everone has the luxury of going two days and being able to be peoples personal photographer or take pictures of one type of car one day and another another day. I'm just thankful that guys go to the trouble of posting pics at all and I'm not going to bitch at them for not sorting them out because I might have to skip by them just like I would if I was at the show because they may not post the next time and them I won't have anything to look at. I would rather not have to look at the muscle cars and streetrods as well but I am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

I could pick at least a handful of cars that I would consider blurry based on wheel choice alone from the pictures and I am glad they got posted so that I could see them.

You seem cranky today BAB BOB:D. Alot of letting off steam posts :D:D:D

22. I usually get the three day pass. Yes i'm cranky cause I couldn't go and my nose is running!!!! The rain doesn't make me happy either...
    Usual complaints...
    Off topic shit
    Un-edited photo coverage
    Nothing new,LOL....

Don't be mislead! It's not that I don't like Musclecars and Streetrods,etc. I like just about anything with wheels(except Tuners)just not when i'm on the HAMB!

23. HAHAHAHA. Be thankful with the wind chill it's -22 degress here and I don't get to go to the Sacramento show in a couple of weeks. You guys are spoiled down there.

24. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

when i feel a car is being posted here that doesn't fit the hamb criteria,i am bombarded by complaints that i'm just a grumpy old fart and to mind my own business..and this is usually from long time hamb members ...so i will repeat an often used phrase they tell me.....it's interesting and we want to see it....

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  25. aerorocket

aerorocket
    from N.E. P.A.

I'm with Bad BOB.

26. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Nuts, I was waiting for the Bad Bob photos......Guess I'll have to wait until the next show. :D

27. Dreadman said he took about 600 pic's and we have the same tastes,so i'm waiting for the rest of his pic's....

28. BAM

BAM
    from HB, CA

Wish I had taken some better photos for you, Bob, but I was taking shots of 'parts' only. That is until I saw Jim Benitez' RPU. I must have hung around that thing for an hour! That is the most beautiful car I've ever seen. It made me kind of light headed and tingly inside. Like climbing the rope in gym class.:D Heck, I wouldn't have minded if that was the only car there! But I gotta say, there were some very nice cars there.
    [/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

29. I'm with Bad Bob too. I appreciate the effort people make to get pics to us, but in recent times there's been a lot of billet wheels and other crap showing up here. This is the Hamb, and we make no apologies for our single-mindedness...... that's who we are.

30. Special Ed

Special Ed

"Don't be mislead! It's not that I don't like Musclecars and Streetrods,etc. I like just about anything with wheels(except Tuners)just not when i'm on the HAMB!"

Wow, Bob...That is so concise, it really kinda says it all. I tip my hat to you...I may not agree 100% with you, but I tip my hat...<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.