Register now to get rid of these ads!

whats up with that coop guy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RocketDaemon, Sep 26, 2003.

1. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

just wondering, i have no clue on why he seems unpopular.
    anyhow seems like a good artist, not my cup of tea on the style though, nothign i would tattoo or put on my cars but still, what did he do? or didnt?

2. du$ty

du$ty

i bet hes too popular now.like von dutch ,jesse james ,flat black and being into punk rockabilly or skate boarding.oh well.i bet they're are a couple coop tattoos around here.

3. bradberry00

bradberry00
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i don't car how popular he is, because from an artistic stand point he is incredible! (anyone who can draw a set of boobs like that gets a thumbs up from me! [​IMG])

4. Can someone put a couple examples of his work on here for those of us that are not able to associate the name with any visual image?

5. gowjobs

gowjobs

No pics, but think of voluptuous red devil women, and you're halfway there.

6. manyolcars

manyolcars

Is he the guy that draws fat women?

7. Mojo

Mojo

Love his artwork, great stuff. And them women ain't fat, they're BUILT.

8. Paul

Paul
    Editor

Do a search and you will find his stuff everywhere.

I had this one in my last truck;

[​IMG]

hope I'm not infringing on anyones legal toes by posting this... [​IMG]

Paul

9. Drive on

Drive on

pic

Attached Files:

10. Two-Gun Bob

Two-Gun Bob

11. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Both Coop and his wife have always been cool to me. He digs cars and chicks. Never knew there was a problem. But knowing them, it's a bit strange seeing his wife knowing she's the girl in most of his poses.

12. Roothawg

Roothawg

So what's the problem? I haven't heard any negative stuff.

13. Stoner

Stoner

Yeah, Coop is just a real good, down-to-earth guy. He knows the power of his popularity and he's lucky enough to make a living at it.

He doesn't let it go to his head and he's got a bitchin' pad in the hills of LA. Check out GARAGE #2 and you'll see exactly what I saw when he invited us over one afternoon.

And the fact that he owns Dr. Anton LaVey's black '66 Toronado is pretty damn neat, too.

Oh, and if you want to see a pic of his in-progress '29 Tudor, check out GARAGE #3...

14. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

It may be his heavy pushing of the Devil stuff in his art- He goes a little overboard with cartoon satanic stuff for me. Great artist, but the topic is way over done- I don't buy any devil, dice, flames, iron cross, or card suit stuff. It's a little too typical greaser/ kulture crap.
    To each their own, though...

15. plan9

plan9

art is what you make of it...

imo.. true art isnt made for consumption by the moral mass's, and politically correct. thats what commercial art is for...

16. daign

daign
    from socal

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Coop's done some awesome stuff over the years. He's made quite a franchise for himself mainly off his "trademark" devil character. I see it most commonly on arms and stickers on 4 door black primered 66 orcabetty haulers. I belive its been assimilated pretty heavily into "kustom kulture" so to speak.

I like his stuff. He did a set of font's that I purchased a while back. They're killer typefaces.

-Dane

17. well, seeing that the guy is a memeber of the church of satan.........

he's really no johnny come late to the comercial art game.
    for years he did covers and flyers for crappy garage bands- and for a long time he was the defacto resident ar-teest at Sympathy for the Record Industry.

we were intorduced at a BBQ once- he was a real nice guy. after all, he's from Oklahoma........

18. Roothawg

Roothawg

Great artist...I'm with jivey on this one...tired of the "spooky art".

19. I only have one of his stickers... the Bikini Bitch... only cuz she looks a helluvalot like my wife! I shit you not. ONLY difference is that she doesn't smoke anymore. Jenn (wife) said "Why did you put that there?" (It's on the pass side window) and I said "Cuz that way you're always with me in the car!" [​IMG]

Travis

20. plan9

plan9

[ QUOTE ]
    I only have one of his stickers... the Bikini Bitch... only cuz she looks a helluvalot like my wife! I shit you not. ONLY difference is that she doesn't smoke anymore. Jenn (wife) said "Why did you put that there?" (It's on the pass side window) and I said "Cuz that way you're always with me in the car!" [​IMG]

Travis

[/ QUOTE ]

you scored some wife points that day.... were you trying to get another project or something? [​IMG]

21. So Stoner.......when do I get Issue #3, as a subscriber, that is ??!?

22. Flynn's_57

Flynn's_57
    from Nor*Cal

Mojo-
    Are you sure?

Attached Files:

23. Those are some seriously hot, big women.

JH

24. manyolcars

manyolcars

[ QUOTE ]
    Mojo-
    Are you sure?

[/ QUOTE ] You sure wouldnt want to have sex with one of those wimmen. If she got on top and got excited, she might rip yer pecker off.

25. Cword

Cword

Hey! I just walked across campus and there's a whole bunch of those large devil chicks out there crowding around a band(Godsmack) bus!
    Guess they're not just "art"

26. Apart from his stickers being on shit cars, I can't see why anyone would dislike the guy. never heard a bad thing about him from ppl who've met him and his art is SERIOUSLY good!

There's a big silver book of all his stuff to date..v cool.
    I'm trying to save up for it!~

MAIKi
    [​IMG]

27. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

[ QUOTE ]
    (anyone who can draw a set of boobs like that gets a thumbs up from me! )

[/ QUOTE ] that's what I'm talkin' bout.

28. Hip

Hip

Coop is awsome! On 5 of my last projects iv proudly displayed one of his devil women in my back glass. This one "Rocket Girl" being the lastest one, corresponding with the Olds "rocket" under the hood. "Hip"

Attached Files: