Register now to get rid of these ads!

whats up fella's

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by THE SURGEON, May 8, 2010.

1. THE SURGEON

THE SURGEON

new here just want to say whats up didn't want to even become a member till i had a project to start on, so needless to say ive picked up a project and a parts car to begin the battle:D so i will post pic's and info as i go, but the plan thus far is building a budjet rat from a 1940 pontiac 4dr sedan

2. choppwatchagot

choppwatchagot

welcome id suggest not useing the rat rod or even just rat around these parts som of these guy blow up about that stuff were here for hot rods;0

3. I like those old Pontiacs, always thought the front end styling on them was attractive. Look forward to pictures. Are you starting with a running/driving car, a basket case, or somewhere in between? Henrietta the '38 Ford pickup and Ozelle the '55 Ford send friendly horn honks to you and your Pontiac.

4. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to pics of the Poncho. Don't see many of them.........

5. rockguy92

rockguy92

Welcome from O-HI-O
    The Rock

6. THE SURGEON

THE SURGEON

yea ill be posting some pic's soon, I put them on my pc and for some reason can't find them, the car came with a flathead 6 but to get it going would have cost me more then the parts car i picked up with a running 400 (1967 grand prix) plus the xtra 250 hp was kinda hard to turn down, so what the plan is, is to clip the front fram of the 40 and graft in the 67 g/p frame should work out well given the measurements taken, looks like a perfect mate, that way i have the ride of a 60's car, power st. power drum breaks, you know the deal, this is my first build for myself, built plenty of street rods for others, so as i go along any input, sugestions, ideas will be greatly apreacheated, plus i have a great helper (my 6 yr old son) who has enjoyed the smell of grinding metal sence exiting the whomb, and also loves to brag about the fact he learned to weld at 3, and if i was to classify what im building i would more call it a trad hot rod, flat in color, on a budget, no shiney shit, just a fuckin fuel drinkin, air suckin, tire burnin ROD!!!

7. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

i think you've got a lot to learn and lucky for you, you're in the right place. so put down the tools and step away from the poncho till you learn a bit about this whole thing....please

8. rayford

rayford
    from calhoun ga

welcome from Ga