Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs whats this truck worth.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by airford1, Aug 19, 2017.

1. airford1

airford1

A friend of mine has a 41I guess that is pretty much stock except the mirrors and rear bumper . No rot and never been in a wreck. Been yard art in California for years. Basic 6 cylinder stick shift stock 6 volt system never been messed with. Just wondering what its value.

Attached Files:

slim38 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. mohead1

mohead1

Bout a grand....i will help get it out of your way

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OahuEli likes this.
  3. Here in the Sunny South probably 2 grand. HRP

OahuEli likes this.
  4. mohead1

mohead1

Awrite, i was just trying to be funny.....$2500 tops.....when shud i come over

5. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

As always value is dictated in many ways. How much the seller thinks it is worth, versus how much you think it is worth. It also depends on location. Out in California it is going to be as much as a $1000 more than say in Kentucky or Ind., or Tenn. That being said I'd say from $1000 to $2000. Time to start the negotiations. Good luck.

mike in tucson likes this.
  6. Budget36

Budget36

No rot, no rust...should be simple enough to get it running and put a 5k price on it

7. slowmotion

slowmotion

Late 60s, the local VFD had a pristine one. Pumper on a 1ton chassis. Couldn't give it away. Local stoner gave 'em $500. He & his buds would take it to parades, minus the town lettering, merriment ensued...:eek::D

8. henry29

henry29

No way you could buy a truck like that around here for less than $4,500.

koolkemp and slim38 like this.
  9. metalman

metalman

I would say $2000 tops even though it does look like a good, solid old truck. Unfortunately not the most popular body style. Sad but 3 to 4 times that if that was a 41 Ford instead of a Chevy in that condition......

10. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

if it was here on the east coast $4000 minimum , hell they want $2000 for a pile of junk that at one time believed itself to be a pick up truck

59Apachegail likes this.
  11. airford1

airford1

Thanks guys, This friends husband passed away before he could get to some of his projects, he also has a 56 chevy 4 door, a 38 Buick humpback sedan, and 2 model A fords. He did finish one of the Model A to pristine stock condition the others are similar to the Chevy truck, California stock ready to restore. I'm Drag racing and don't see me having the time to finish another project in this life time.

12. mohead1

mohead1

Cuz ur in the salted roads belt
    Not a popular model, but a couple thou, more if it drives and stops....

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

Boy, that wouldn't last long here on the East Coast, looks really solid, always liked the looks of those grilles. Bob

14. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

x2 love the grill

15. [​IMG]

Would you talking about this "beauty" for sale on NH CL right now for only $1800? Says 40 Chevy. "Mostly complete", "great start to a project"....

Hopefully those are tomato plants growing out of it so we'll have something to eat as we try to fabricate nearly every square inch on an english wheel.

I think your bud's truck is a 4k$ truck all day long. At least up here.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. xlr8

xlr8
    from Idaho

The grill is worth $1,000.

17. paintman27

paintman27
    from new jersey

If the fenders on this truck are clean, easily a 5k price tag. Like mentioned 1k for the grille alone, 5 to 6 hundred per fender if clean. the windshield frame is another 500. Even half solid doors go for around 500. Plus all the other tid bits like interior cab trim. How about the window crank? a working one goes for 500. I would jump on that bitch just for parts!!!!!!! I just finished mine and wish it was in 1/2 as good of shape when it started as this one.
    [​IMG]

mohead1 and RockinRivi like this.
  18. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

yes clunker , that s the type of cream puff im describing , some of these heaps are so bad they almost arent worth scrap money as they would turn to dust as they were pulled onto a trailer

clunker likes this.
  19. mohead1

mohead1

Nice truck, like it w hood off....very cool

20. Squablow

Squablow

You could easily get $5K for that here in Wisconsin, maybe more with some fluff time, but location is everything with a sale like this.

21. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Here in Hawaii it would go for 8 grand easy. The body condition would be the biggest factor. It looks complete and with all the chrome being in good shape it'd be a no brainer.

22. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The condition and lack of rust put it years ahead of typical starter-project trucks, and that has value. I agree with the guys saying $4-5K. Of course, you have to find/wait for the right guy, but there's more of them in CA, so you've got that going for you. If you're in a hurry, list it here in the hamb for $3K and watch it dissappear.

23. mickeyc

mickeyc

I think that stainless grill looks to be in good shape. Trim pieces are a big
    part of the value of a project to me. Here in Louisiana I would think
    4000 or so.

24. That wouldn't surprise me when a gallon of milk in Hawaii is $8.00

25. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Actually I'd expect it to bring less in Cali than other parts of the country unless rust belt buyers start bidding on it. Not a real popular body style but those deco trucks are nice trucks. My bud in Waco Tx had one he put a big block in in the early 70's after driving it as a daily driver beater for years.
    Price, I sure wouldn't start out at less than 2 K and might start asking a lot more than that. Easier to bargain down a bit than figure out that you burned yourself by selling to cheap. If it runs and drives I'd be asking closer to 4.

26. aldixie

aldixie

I bought this 38 with 327/TH350 for under $1000

Attached Files: