Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Whats this model T coupe worth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by meats50, Oct 27, 2015.

1. meats50

meats50

Hello,

Im seeking some help with what a model T body is worth. Im not super familiar with the T's (Im new to to the traditional hotrod scene) I purchased my roadster from this same gentleman that is now selling the T. I purely want to buy it to sell so That I can fund my other car. Id like opinions to gauge if this venture is worth it.

The body is solid. No rust. Has original glass. Original paint. Most of the original hardware inside like the window pulls. Subrails are completely intact. Some of the original interior is still there as well. I am not sure that it comes with a title.

Any opinions on the worth are greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    (I apologize if I put this in the wrong area)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Squablow

Squablow

Somewhere between 3-4K depending on the title, in my opinion. The T's don't bring nearly what the A's bring, but this is a really nice one and buyers will step up for quality.

-Brent- likes this.
  3. Squablow

Squablow

Also, a massive price difference depending on if you sell it now (fall) or in springtime. It's a really tough sell right before winter, could cut into the price significantly, where as in spring, when tax returns come out, you might get more than my projection from the right buyer. Original paint is a big plus, if it really is original.

4. From past experience,don't buy it unless you can sit on it for a while,especially if you are speculating.

A pal of mine just recently bought a complete rolling T coupe with a title for 4 grand,less engine and transmission and it is nice. HRP

5. mike bowling

mike bowling

Not super familiar with "T" pricing , but that looks like it's in excellent condition and as described fairly complete. Not at the top of the list because they are VERY small inside , and the awkward roof has earned them the nick name " phone booth coupes".
    BUT.. if you find a guy that's into "T"'s, I'd say somewhere around 2 grand +/-, maybe another 3-400 with clean paperwork. Winter is here, "project" time. People are collecting parts!
    Problem if you're buying just to re-sell, you've got to get it at a bargain price ( which you still can once in a while).

Good luck with it

6. 3k tops in my world. 2500 realistically

117harv likes this.
  7. -Brent-

-Brent-

I doubt it's the original paint. BUT it does look like it's in exceptional shape. It would look great as a 60's hot rod.

8. alchemy

alchemy

Paint can hide lots of bodywork. Check it over for patch panels and bad bodywork.

-Brent- likes this.
  9. I assume you're talking body only, so likely no paperwork. Stock T's after the brass era don't command much of a price so I'd say a couple grand tops. Go to the MTFCA forum and you'll get some realistic ideas.
    Good people there.
    http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/506218.html