Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods whats this 34 worth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratster, May 24, 2010.

1. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

what's moot? he asked what a car like that would be worth... 15k-25k is a real price range for a 34 three window depending on the condition. 3k is laughable, i paid 6k for a body in pieces, frame and a few other bits and felt like I did pretty good, my buddy just paid 15k for a body only in good condition. it's a 34 three window not a model a

2. 34Chrysler

34Chrysler

I wish it was mine, I would trade for the five window offered by hot rods ta hell!!
    I think the five window is a more attractive bodystyle, just my $.02

3. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

With that criteria, lookin' at the picture, a derelict ex-track stocker with chopped up frame and no fenders,,, theres cowl and doors and gril and deck lid. Everyghing else is shit. 3k is about right........... do the body work, firewall, etc. ready for primer, then it's worth 15-20k. Not before......

4. (BlueOval)

(BlueOval)
    from Slo-Cal

What's it worth? Whatever the guy is willing to sell it for. He's probably researching what it's worth also.If you offer him a few grand he might tell you to get lost or he might take it. How bad do you want it? Fab 32 that was a poor attempt at a pissing contest, as long as I have enough money to keep my kids in food, shelter, and clothing all the rest is gravy.

5. Harms Way

Harms Way

In 1976, a buddy of mine called me ,...

Clyde : "Hey are you still looking for a 34' 3/W ?"

Me: yeah, what ya' got ?

Clyde : A 34 3/W Coupe, It's all there, but the floor was cut up a little,...

Me: I'll be right over,......

So, I get over there, And sitting on the garage floor is a pretty decent 1934 Ford 3/W coupe body,.... with a cut up hood (for carbs or a blower or something,..) a decent grill,.... and nothing else,.... the firewall was cut up a little, the chrome on the garnish moldings had some pits in it, The blue glass had some cracks,.... perfect deck lid and 58' Chevy Biscayne taillights in the lower panel,.....

Me: So,... what do you want for this turd,....

Clyde: I was going to sell it for $800.00,... But you can have it for $750.00

Me: $750.00 !!!!! are you nuts!,... I would go $350.00,.... You'll "never" get $750.00 for that pile !,........:eek:. Whats your very best price ?

Clyde: $650.00 !

Me: I'll go $500.00 ,... and that's a gift !, cause you'll "never" get $650.00 for this turd,.... it's waaay to rough.

Clyde: watch me !

I called back later that night,...
    Me: "Hey Clyde,... I'll go $600.00 on the Coupe body.

Clyde: Sorry man it's already sold,... Bill took it, Right after you left I called him

Me: What did you get for it?,........

Clyde: I told him $950.00,... We settled at $800.00,.......:(

Bill built a really nice car out of that 3/W,.... the funny thing is, as soon as I knew it was gone,... It became a really nice body, and a killer score,.... Been kicking myself about that ever sence,......

I guess it has to do with that 20/20 hindsight,.... Huh ?

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  6. dmw56

dmw56

I gave $25K for my 34 5 window. See avatar.

7. Crease

Crease

I dont doubt that, just hedging my bets. :)

8. super plus

super plus
    BANNED

The front shocks give me a chubby

9. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

okay. assume the worst if you want. i prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt. makes life happier for me to not assume everyone has an ulterior motive. if they disappoint me, that's their problem. but at least i don't live my life figuring everyone i meet is trying to get one over on me.

10. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

always trying to make a deal, eh? i guess we all are. otherwise we wouldn't have what we have...

11. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

roof, quarters, frame, front end, radiator, your leaving alot out of the equation, for better or for worse 34 ford stuff isn't cheap, start hunting for parts for a 34 or a whole three window in general and tell me that car isn't worth a hell of alot more than 3k. if you can get the deal of the century all the more power to you, or better yet just pass on all these pile of shit 34's that are so readily available for 3k to me, i'll give you a thousand for your trouble each time

12. Fenders

Fenders

Well if it ain't for sale who the hell cares?

13. Weasel

Weasel

Well you could always go to SAR and buy a new body - minus fenders, hood running boards etc. For $30k plus shipping and sales tax and end up with a shiney new fake....

14. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

There is a 34 Five Window coupe on a farm near my house. It's not a hot rod and it's been outside in Indiana for a long time. My neighbor showed my pictures of it on his cell phone and said I can buy it for $500 and it's got a clear old Indiana title. Except two months later, after asking daily, I don't have it. I just called him again from reading this thread. It will probably never sell until that guy dies.

15. Crease

Crease

$500? What a rip off! :)

16. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

29 Nash; The doors alone are worth $3000. I just posted on Kirk Hannings post about a 3/w conversion from a tudor.
    I've been collecting 34 coupe panels with plans to eventually build a 3/w puzzle coupe after my 5/w is done. After a couple of years of constant searching/buying I have a pretty good idea of what 34 coupe parts are going for (ebay, etc). Ballpark-depending on condition;

3/w roof $1500-$3000
    doors $1000-1500 ea.
    quarters $500+ ea.
    deck lid $500+
    cowl $300+
    below deck inner/outer pan $150+

Then add the above deck panel, garnish moldings (if there are any). Cut into pieces that body alone is worth at least $5000. Together, it's worth at least $10,000. Then add grille, frame, etc. I wouldn't be surprised to see it sell for $15,000+.
    there's nothing cheap about 34's.

17. HEMI_Dude

HEMI_Dude

id say 15k be worth it

18. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

don't lose the faith there are always steals out there to be had, course just because someone does get one for $500 certainly wouldn't mean 5 window 34's are only worth $500....

maybe try being generous offer him $750 or $1000

19. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So...... what happened?

20. Dyce

Dyce

Ya no shit!! Could I venture a guess? The owner of the pawn shop got so sick of people coming in asking to buy it it's tucked away in hiding again. Any 34 coupe in the open like that got ALOT of attention!

21. Id say 15 to 20 if you can get it for less DO IT!

22. bonesy

bonesy

Haha - you negotiate like me.

23. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

If it has a good floor, its a 20k car.

24. mike hamel

mike hamel

I,m serious at $30K Contact me. Mike Hamel

25. heatmiser

heatmiser
    from mia

do you realize you're making an offer on a post from a year and a half ago to a guy who didn't even own the car?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  26. hotcargo

hotcargo

hahaha ........I wonder what the outcome of this was ............where did car end up

Steve in Oz