Register now to get rid of these ads!

whats the worst hotrod thing you've had stolen

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ltex old iron, Jun 6, 2009.

1. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

itex old iron Dude it sounds like your garage is a free take me grocery store for hot rod parts. I hate thieves.They use to hang horse thieves. What ever happened to the good ol days? My tools were all stolen that I build hot rods with and make a living with,It sucks getting robbed.

2. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

BW T-10 out from under a 38 Chevy coupe. It was a club building so I used socket head cap screws to bolt it on. Back in those days nobody had allen wrenches that big in their tool box let alone their midnight auto tool kit. It had to be a so called friend that came prepared for the job.

They got my antique dial face gas pump too.

3. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

Oh Man; lotta sad stories here! But: in March of 2008 when I went back home for my mothers funeral my house & garage were broken into. They took a lot of time and damaged the house but in the garage they got my Mig welder, my plasma cutter, several full tool boxes and I am still messing with the insurance company.
    I believe I know who did it, told the cops but nothing happened so far and I also found out how many pawn shops are nearby.

4. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Hate to say it,,but if you "think you know who did it"..your better off not telling the police..that way when you take care of business..you will not be the main suspect..:D

i have learned a lesson about our lack of follow thru with the law..if it dont generate revinue..they dont have the time to bother with it. Unless there is a ton of coverage about it..than they dont want to be looked upon as doing nothing about it.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  5. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

A 65 el camino quarter panel from in the bed of the p/u in 4 hours, from infront of the police station!! :( Pissed me off intil i found out how crappy those repop qtrs are

6. art.resi

art.resi

In a bad part of town my battery out of my 52 ford. Not fun.

7. Algon

Algon

61 Impala convertible... I'm not sure how legit it was but it had SS trim, a T-10 and a 4 barrel 409. This was my mother's car it was stolen while we were moving, came back to get a load of stuff and the car was gone....:mad:

8. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Back in the day a so called friend took a Holley carburetor from my parts pile. I was over and recognized it he said he took it to see if it would work and it did not. He tried to give it back I told him keep it it was worth it to find out what kind of person he was never talked to him or his brother again that was twenty years ago.

9. KillerKustom

KillerKustom

Check your buddy.

10. bonesy

bonesy

I had the Crestliner horn ring stolen right out of my car at a show. Makes me sick.

11. LaidoutRivi63

LaidoutRivi63

If I saw that happen at a show I was at, it would be beatdown time. Thats horrible man, i hope you reconsider some shows.

12. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

Valve caps, my Vintage '76' gas station antenna topper, and later that week,.....the antenna.

13. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

My entire fully loaded big block 67 elcamino, thanks for the reminder :mad:

14. firemangordy

firemangordy

15. i needed a push bike to ride to work, i found one that a previous worker had apandonded out the back of he pub- bent rim, flat tyres stuffed crank, no seat no brakes, stuffed chain basically apsoluty stuffed, apard from a goot solid frame. so i spent about $200 in the end a fixed it up, i then left it for one of the guys while i was on holiday and when i came back the dickhead boss had given it back to the guy that chucked it after i'd bloody fixed it!

i have a fairfew old cars - about 17, sitting on the old mans farm, all in one clump, but totally off the main road. had a guy a while ago come and ask about some 50's stuff, seemed okay, by himself, bought some bits and nicked off- went down there to get some stuff a few weeks later and little bits where missing. nothing big just little stuff, nuts bolts, headlight rims. went back to the shed and allthe little bits where gone- same thing, stuff that you wouldn't normally notice. the guy's never come back so never got a chance to ask.

Also had one of the local guys asking about a big old 1900's drill press on a friends farm- he was told no constantly. the guy left, then a few days later the farmer went out to the old sheds where the drill was and it was gone, pissed off he went straight to the dudes shed in town - there it was! along with a heap of other vintage and old stuff from arount town. A massive shitfight erupted and the guy was made to take it all back.

tyler

16. J&JHotrods

J&JHotrods

More of a revenge story than a stolen one, but it may make someone feel better about them fuckin theives.
    I was at a field party, and I started hearing a bunch of people talking about how their cars were just broken into and they stole stereos, purses, etc...anything of value. Keep in mind this was around 1990, car alarms weren't as affordable as they are now(to me anyway).
    My old man gave me an idea a few months before this incident about a 'po mans' stereo anti-theft device'-yea. That's what we'll call it. He basically told me to get some electrical tape and some razor blades and tape the blades to the back of the stereo unit in such a way, well, you know where I'm going.....
    Apparently, my car was the last one broken into. Door wide open, and a trail of blood leading into the darkness. I tried to stay incognito about it, but a few people knew about my 'security device' and as they heard some bystanders saying they saw someone 'bleeding real bad' as they ran off. Never found out who the culprit was, but I still had my tunes:D. Wish I could have caught them and at least watch them attempt to steal my shit.

17. soupt

soupt

I had 4 years of my life stolen in Lubbock, Texas. Bastards. I can still taste the dust.

18. junk fiend

junk fiend

had probly 100 dollars worth of crushed cans stolen out of my backyard know it was one of my friends. had my 1500 dollar pit bike stolen out of the back of my truck at motorcycle shop at college just after dialing it in, and cop was a smart ass when he first walked up too that fucking pissed me off. and yesterday my friend walks out of work to see some pos with a slime jim in his door so he chases him down but he got away.

19. 8769

from kennesaw

I was about 16 or 17 and had developed a little stash of tools, hand me downs from my dad and his friends. Nothing real nice but a few craftsmen pieces, all stuffed in a three drawer box. I thought I was in buisness. Came home after school one day and it was gone off the carport.

I was no angel and looking back on it, I chalked it up to karma, but I still think about that box and the tools. Some people have their stories of lost baseball card fortunes I have a story of a lost toolbox.

Knock on wood but other than some stolen car stereo stuff nothing has been taken from me.

Oh yea and i haven't stolen anything either.

T

20. Buzznut

Buzznut

Sooo, where exactly do you live?....

I've had tools stolen, wrenches, screwdrivers and once a grinder and stand, but nothing too major.

21. Dude buy a good gun or move!

22. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

all the keys and title for over two dozen hotrods!!!!

23. My son's 1968 Chevelle. He got it when he was 16 and we worked on it together for awhile. It had a 454 and he put a 4 speed in it and a 12 bolt posi. Did a bunch of motor work and just when he had it right it was stolen out of the driveway on Christmas day in about 1984 or '85. I was a cop at the time and had the autotheft guys workin' overtime tryin' to find the car and culprits but to no avail .. Yep that was the worst thing stolen that was hot rod related ..

24. 30dodge

30dodge
    from Pahrump nv

I had a 63 Chevy II 2 door with less than 35k on it ,found it a week later in a bone yard - stripped and flattened -

25. I live on a street called "Memory Lane" Our sign is stolen at least twice a year. My taxes went up this year.

26. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

My 1964 Chevelle, owned it for over 20 years. Stolen from a car port.

I also had a complete tow package (Class 3 Frame mounted) stolen at Moultrie Ga in 2004.

27. ol gasser

ol gasser
    from here

Jungle never ran a Dodge awb car. He ran a 57 chevy,a LarkThen the 64 chevy 2.The chevy 2 never had a hemi in it.It was always BB chevy powered.Want proof ask anyone at classic Funny cars.Be ready as everyone claims they had a JUngle car or part.LOL too funny Jungle in a Dodge.

28. RacerRick

RacerRick

At my old shop:

5 T5 transmissions. 3 were dead, 1 was a a good one, and 1 was a fresh rebuild.
    Set of Micky T tires - big ones!
    Custom 4 core radiator
    Complete set of Autometer guages stolen out of car.
    Tools tended to walk off.

This is what I got for sharing space. Now I have my own shop and nothing has walked away since. It was friends of one of the other guys. I wish I could have caught them.

29. One Finger John

One Finger John

Oh boy, two sets of tools and my 57 210 2dr Chev. 283, 12.5 comp. Erson cam, camel hump heads, 4 spd, pushed it down the driveway, down the street, fired it up, didn't realise it was open headers, another "friend", got it back plus money to rebuild, I have grown to really dislike thieves, police 90% are useless, have to let go of things, but
    NEVER FORGIVE THE BASTARDS!!!

John

30. Truckedup

Truckedup

1964,I'm a 17 year old in HS.My car was a 56 Ford Victoria 2 dr,292 3 speed.I had put in a Wolverine 3/4 cam and a 57 ish distributor.I found a dual quad set,probably off a 57 312,I was even more stupid then so I don't remember the actual details other than it had 2 carbs,I think WCFB's.It was a small fortune for a kid with a part time job. I figured this would turn my 292 into a Chevy killer.Showed the intake to a friend of mine,it was sorta secured under the rear porch of my parents house.Two days later it was gone,I looked all over,never found it.I confronted my so called friend,he got real defensive and then his older brother gave me some shit.Nothing I could do so cause I considered the brother to be a bad ass mother fucker that would stab me while I slept. I forgot about it.I found out later from another guy that the thief was trying to sell a intake just like the one I had.