Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's the strangest car you've ever lusted after??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nik, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squablow

Squablow

Oh yeah, post me up on the DeLorean waiting list too. I don't want one forever, just for a week or so, to drive around and listen to Huey Lewis, maybe make a couple runs up to 88 mph in a mall parking lot. Then whoever can have it back.

2. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

so they suicide door lincolns he was talkn about where from the 40's era right,, cause seriously guys the 60's lincs are CLASSICS not oddballs!!!!!!:D

3. MyOldBuick

MyOldBuick

Funny you should mention the DeLorean one . . . saw a BTF DeLorean a few weeks ago when I was down at the lake. Pulled into the BBQ place and it was kind of fun to look in and see . . . right down to the Flux Capacitor. Really felt old when my son went "WTF is that all about?" Doh! Maybe I'm getting old. LOL

4. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Facel-Vega and Ford Consul Capri, and I'm happy to say I got the Capri, the Facel's been more elusive.....one day.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  5. 1. Hudson Italia

2. Kaiser-Darrin roadster

6. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Every 80s TV car

general lee
    kitt
    magnum's ferrari
    the kit car from haskel & mccormick
    and rockford's firebird

7. KCsledz

KCsledz

I had a bad little Mazda RX4 in high school. I want it back. It was a sleeper. Looked like a mini maverick but with a street port on the intake and exhaust and reworked exhaust it was a screamer! Even though it was an automatic I still beat some pretty tough cars in the quarter.

Also I one of the buses from the GM parade of technology.

8. Marcy

Marcy

Oscer Mayer Weiner Mobile..........I don't know why...
    My therapist says it's normal though ;)

Marcy

9. gregga

gregga

A chaparral 2F.

Attached Files:

10. RodLand

RodLand

That is the one I have wanted since I was 16 and could not come up with the 150 bucks the salvage place wanted for it. I could just see it with a 327 4 speed. I would have hurt myself. That was 43 years ago and I still want one.

11. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

'57 DeSoto Fireflite 2dr HT :eek:
    '57-58 Chrysler New Yorker station wagon with a dual-quad 392
    a lot of the Ghia/Chrysler show cars from the mid '50s
    several of the '60s Ferrari Lusso coupes - great lines!
    [​IMG]

12. metalshapes

metalshapes

Hell yeah...

But the 2J and 2H were stranger.

13. metalshapes

metalshapes

Some more strange Racers...

Not sure if I lust after them though, except for the last one which was a Hillclimb Car built out of the Chassis of 4WD armored Personel Carrier and a Airplane Engine.

14. buschandbusch

buschandbusch
    from Reno, NV

then you'll like this pic!

[​IMG]

15. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is embarrising, but....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Actually had one that I was going to drop a sport bike motor in or something rediculous like that. Was going to put it on a tubular chassis and all that. Wanted it to be a sleeper for those little bitch-ass ricers that think they have some race car stored in their civic somewhere...

Ended up trading the car for an Alfa Romeo sign that hangs in my house today... One of the last dealer signs in the US. Worth bank probably... I think I got a good deal on the trade!

16. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

scootermcrad,

I used to have a friend that owned two of these down in College Station TX. Someone may know the guy from this story. Apparently some fraternity brothers thought it was real funny to pick up his Honda 600 and turn it over onto its roof. Well that's not easy to fix especially when it breaks the windshield, and it's REALLY not funny when they do it twice in a week. They came over for a third attempt but found out he was sleeping in his truck with a shotgun waiting for them... I heard he saw that car with the shotgun blast in the trunk for years afterwards...

Anyways, one was red like that picture and the other had a Japanese Rising Star (flag) painted on it, they were pretty cool.

17. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I actually really dug that thing! I really wanted to do something that would piss people off. Oh, and yes! VERY light!! Four people could lift if off the ground with an empty gas tank!

I think to this day it still sits in Yellow Springs, OH in a house we were going to buy with my favorite jack stands left undernieth of it.

18. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Some of your picks don't seem that STRANGE to ME. Is there something WRONG with me! HaHaHaHa!:D

I want the Batmobile from "Batman Begins"!

19. rattlecanrods

rattlecanrods

Thats funny... Just a week ago I was talking to a buddy how helped crew the Chaparral fan car... That was an amazing machine. Now if they could have just held the brakes together.......

Beyond lusting after all the usual famous race cars like the mclaren's and chaparrals. I want a TVR Speed 12. Actually any TVR would do.. new or old. They are just strangely beautifull machines... and the only newer sports car I would ever buy.

Here are a couple of the latest TVRs (thank you Pistonheads.com). They remind me of a Kellison. (one of the other cars I lust after....)

Attached Files:

20. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

A REAL GT 40
    A luxery car from the twenties, ie: a '29 dual cowl Caddy
    A '59 Stide two door wagon (gasser material)

21. Devilman13

Devilman13

I'd really like to have a '57 Buick wagon. Or an early 50's Caddy hearse.

Probably one of the coolest cars I've seen is a late 50's/early 60's Mopar wagon. Not sure if it's a Dodge or Plymouth, but it's big and yellow with HUGE fins. It looks mostly original, and it's definitely a driver. I want that car.

I really like Edsels too, is that unusual??

Oh, and Hudson Hornets and bathtub Nashes are really cool too.

22. gregga

gregga

I was thinking more of the closed cab for winter driving in Iowa.

23. dirt

dirt

ever since i was a kid i have always wanted a vw thing. i dont know why but i have always wanted one. since the 80's i have lusted after studebaker or hudson trucks. i now have a stude and someday hope to have the hudson.

24. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

I always wanted me one o' them thar Messerschmitt KR200s...along the lines of the previously-displayed Isetta - front opening door...about 60mpg or better...and made by a GEN U WINE fighter plane mfr.

"...nein...dese FOKKERS vuz MESSERSCHMITTS..."

dj

25. Metalshaper....Super Van 1.......
    I saw the van, intact, with engine but looking real sorry for it's self some time in the mid 80s parked at a workshop 2 or 3 miles from where i live now. no damage to the roof or sides. the guy who had it was a total arse though and was trying to sell me a pile of shit lotus europa..didn't want to talk about the van ...had the feeling he had sumat to hide as I knew what it was.

26. metalshapes

metalshapes

Cool!

So it might still be around then...

I read somewhere that it had rolled, but I'm glad that isn't true.:)

27. nutwagonfromhell

nutwagonfromhell
    from missouri

Your all gonna think I`m a retard but I wanted this total pos chevy celebrity that was the biggest pos i ever seen. It was a parts car given to us and half of the body was burned and the steering column was so worn out the steering wheel wobbled. The rest of the car was totally rusted that there was no paint left on it. I dont know why I wanted it I just thought it would be funny to drive around in the biggest hoopty on the streets i guess. Wish i had pics of it.

28. When I was a kid, the Batmobile (the Adam West version) was the holy grail of desirable cars....:D :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

29. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

I wanted this 1923 t- bucket for a while. I always though it looked really badass! Haha!
    Dan

Attached Files:

30. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

i guess its not too odd but i really want a studebaker avanti, something about them really turns my crank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.