Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats the oldest car on the HAMB?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by henry29, Dec 2, 2008.

1. henry29

henry29

After reading the post on when the model A was first introduced, 81 years ago today, I started thinking about how old my car really is.
    I've never thought of it as being 80 year old car.

So I was Thinking who has the oldest car here on the HAMB?

I really dont see alot of really old cars built as hot rods except early T speedsters.

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I know there is older...I have a 1922.

3. I'm betting a certain well known 'lurker' who may or may not present a well known TV show has some of the oldest stuff on here...

4. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

My guess is Bluto has the oldest. And Leno doesn't count if he doesn't share... goddamn "lurkers". :)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008

5. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

maybe leno can have ryan post it for him, so that he can stay under the radar...
    I'm already out... mine is a 26.

6. fuzzface

fuzzface

My oldest is a 1909 model t. I screwed up on a 1908 brush. I waited to long and someone else brought it.

7. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Humm.... Calling them out huh?.....good luck, I bet he thinks he's too cool to play w/us. :rolleyes:

8. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

he probably dosen't want to deal with all the hero worship ect.. that would go with it.
    I have seen what happens to JJ.

9. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i think jim dillion has that honor. current oldest for me is '04

10. jonnycola

jonnycola

I've got a 1903 White steam car... and a 1902 Mitchell Motorcycle.

11. My ride is a youngster relative to the two in the preceding post, but still less than 10 years away from being a century old; it's a cleanly titled '17 Dodge, still retaining its original body and frame.

12. 3Mike6

3Mike6

This should be quantified as the "oldest Hotrod" on the HAMB, not just who owns the oldest car/truck.

13. You obviously haven't met the man.... I have spoken to him briefly at Pebble Beach, a more down to earth person you could not want to meet.

Exactly. I was just saying there is a good chance he has the oldest stuff on here.

14. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Probably Leno...

15. How come you didn't show me that one ? Was it in hidden somewhere ?

16. didn't leno say in a snob mag. That people who built hot rods / customs were "morons that cut up beautiful machinery" or something along those lines..?

17. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

Well I had been keeping mum about this one, because, well, I didn't think it fit the criterion of this site, but I think i have y'all beat. Yes that's the original top and I'm still married to the redhead.

Matt

Attached Files:

18. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

I wouldn't think he would say something like that only because he is known to "change a few things". The 55 Buick, Tornado, and so forth.

And no I havn't met him, but I've met quite a few others and so far haven't been dissapointed. It seems for the most part car guys are car guys no matter how much money they have.

Besides anyone who will quit a nice paying job to play w/cars is alright in my book.

Didn't mean to make this a Leno thread, but would be nice to see him post every once and a while.

Ok, and now back to the regular schedualed thread......

19. Elvisaurusrex

Elvisaurusrex

Damn straight I'm a moron that cuts up beautiful machinery, and I'm proud of it!

20. If i remember correctly Bluto had a contraption that came over on The Mayflower. Can,t get older than that !

21. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

I wouldn't be too surprised if Bluto actually owns the mayflower!

22. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah Bluto's oldest is dated from the 1890s, Im thinking he has this one easy!
    And I rather hear from Bluto than Leno any day!

Doc.

23. yblock292

yblock292

Is Leno on here? I've been wanting to ask him about his Baker electric, my grandfather had one in the late 50's in the Branson Mo. area. Just wondering if there could be a connection,. not alot of Bakers around.

24. He has three...:D

25. Not a good pic and it's not mine but at Turkey Run there was this Mack truck. Had a huge, looked like a 2 cylinder motor & chain drive. Sad, Mack is now Volvo.

Turkey run c.jpg

26. Nice Mack!

That's a 4 cylinder engine- each jug has two cylinders.

27. kisam

kisam

Jay Leno is the Man! He does what all of us would do, if we had the money! On the HAMB, we all walk through life with the same disease. I would sweep his floors for a month to drive one of his cars!

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

He's gotta lot of floors in those garages. :D

29. I'm sure if Jay and JJ posted regularly, they'd eventually be treated like just any other dork in a little while.

I had a late friend who had some old ones, but not 1890 old... except the penny farthing he let me ride, but that's not a car.

30. I'm sure it's not the oldest, but it's a 1918 Dodge roadster.

[​IMG]