Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats the nicest car you totaled

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cinemafx, Jun 24, 2009.

1. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

My first 72 chevelle Iroc red black top aluminum slots black hood scoop .70's style .Took me 2 years to build and 3 month's to destroy. I don't like manual brakes in a 4000 lb. car.......

2. olkarz

olkarz

A 1998 BMW 740iL. got knocked into an interstate concrete divider wall, with my kids in the car with me. Worst of all it was a Kia Sorenta SUV that rear ended me. who would've thought 1 of those things could do that kinda of damage.

3. LOWBLAZERO1

LOWBLAZERO1

you revived an over 2 your old thread to tell us about a bmw and a kia? really?
    sucks that your kids were in the car, though.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

'72 Chevelle IROC?:confused:

5. I totaled my 68 Camaro several months after I bought it totaled and rebuilt it, I rebuilt it again.

6. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

'62 Impala. Me and my girl friend was leaving the Drags at Lubbock, we were playing mad and argueing back and forth. I smarted off something, she said 'why dont you just kiss my ass' I told her 'why dont you just bare it'......she did and as I was oggling it I rear ended a 65 Fairlane Fastback. So I actually totaled two nice cars that day. That was one expensive POA!

7. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

Didn't total it, but that's because it was a flamed, big block chevy powered 40 ford, and you have to go a long before you throw one of those away. It was my fathers car that he sold to a good friend of mine. I jumped on it on a misty,night as I was making a left
    the guy that was with me bounced off my arm I had my left arm out the window, and I hooked a right turn through a chain link fence, wrecked the nose and ripped the floor open with one of the posts.Hardest phone call I ever had to make. That was back in the early 80's, and we're still good friends.

8. thehazguy

thehazguy

Totaled my 1977 L-82 Corvette. Banged second gear on a wet road side swiped the guardrail and went full speed across the road into a telephone pole. Too many beers and too little reaction time.Put the front wheel into the firewall. Walked away with bruises and a beatup nose. Not a whole lot of room to move around in that cockpit. OUCH

9. '63 Galaxie box-top. Morning of my 20th birthday going to work - pulled out in front of a '73 Gran Fury and got clipped in the passenger front end, spun around and messed up the passenger quarter. Insurance company wrote it off but I kept the car, had it repaired and running within a month. Actually I got my T-bird a few days later to have something to drive, didn't get it roadworthy until after I got the Galaxie back. Fast forward 6 years to the day - spring break '87, same Galaxie got ran over by a semi trailer, knocked a Vee in my rear bumper where the trailer bogies caught it, trailer floor pushed in my passenger side C-pillar and knocked out my rear glass. Pushed out the C-pillar, installed glass from another car, drove it for another 18 months before retiring it.

10. OT 95 Mustang GT, 11.50 car, racing on a back road. Learned a valuable lesson.

11. devilleish

devilleish

Before I was born, but my dad tells me about picking his older sister up at LAX and driving home in the rain (she was on leave from the Army, so this woulda been '73 at the latest). Driving Grandpa's pride and joy '64 Country Squire, lady in a Cougar runs a red light and T-bones the wagon right in the B-pillar. Sent my aunt to the hospital for a day, but she was ok. Country Squire not so much.

12. deto

deto

My 49 Chevy deluxe. Sniffle...

13. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My '63 Porsche 356B Coupe that I spent three years restoring. It was totalled in 1 minute by a guy who was driving a Jeep Wrangler with a BIG front bumper. Said a bee distracted him. :(

14. The car in my avatar...

15. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

1971 and I had a pretty nice navy blue '67 Chevelle SS with 283 and 4 speed. Some joker turned left in front of me and that was the end of the Chevelle.

16. oldblu65

oldblu65
    from Tennessee

1966 Chevy II SS , 327c.i./350 HP w/4 speed in console , Marina Blue ! Was totaled in a single car accident during a driving rain storm on a curvy mountain road . Was only driving approx. 20 mph at time of wreck and the car hydroplaned into a 180 degree spin before overturning ( several times ) down a steep embankment . I was wearing my seat belt - likely saving my life ! This happened in 1967 so the car was practically new ! Would truly love to have the car today !

17. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

"not me, but a guy in the cavaliers c.c. totaled his rod, don't know the story but here a picture"

wrecked and rebuilt.

Attached Files:

18. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

My parent's 1984 Lincoln Towncar, totally off-topic car but it was low miles and decked out. I swerved and missed the doe but the buck wasn't as quick on his feet! I wiped a really nice Ninja the day I graduated high school, it was the first new vechicle I ever owned.

19. a 65 fairlane fastback? ive never seen one of those

20. Hubbcat

Hubbcat
    from Sweden

We dont have great cars here in europa so i wreck them all.

21. Bonneville Avanti Dan

Bonneville Avanti Dan
    from California

1959 Studebaker Silver Hawk:
    [​IMG]
    Bought it in 1966 when I was 14. Rebuilt it front front bumper to back bumper with my own two hands. Engine, trans (auto) differential, suspension, brakes, interior, wiring everything. All it needed was paint and wheels. Some S******* kids thought it would be funny to remove the caution signs for a gas company dig. Drove into a six foot deep, three foot wide hole on Sherman Way in Van Nuys on my way to cruise the blvd on a Wednesday night. Buckled the frame and drove the front wheels back over a foot. Black and blue from the seat belt but saw it in time to keep from eating the steering wheel. If those kids had been there I would have been up on murder charges. I poured my heart and soul into that car for three years. Never forgot that car and someday I hope to build one again.
    Dan

22. Flynn's_57

Flynn's_57
    from Nor*Cal

Idiots!
    (I say this as an outraged avid vintage car lover. If you wrecked a new car, I say
    'good practice'!)

23. NuckinFutz

NuckinFutz
    from GA

87 GNX . Had less that 1000 miles on it in 1998 when I wrecked it.

24. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Didnt total one but did something just as bad. Had an orignal 63 Ford 406 that I stripped down to the shell & junked. Looking back (to 74) that car wasnt in that bad of shape to do that to. Another car I wish I still had.

25. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

69 Corvette. Blew out a BF Goodrich Radial TA and backed it into a bridge pillar. Left paint 7 feet up on the pillar and put the right rear bumper in the passenger seat. A friend that was behind me thought for sure I'd be dead. He opened the door and I handed him the steering wheel.

BF Goodrich paid for everything as the tires were on recall.

26. 2002p51

2002p51

This one:

[​IMG]

One day in 1978 a guy coming the other way turned left right in front of me. barely had time to hit the brakes before I nailed him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Smashed the water pump and bent the front of the frame to a diamond. Had to fight his insurance company to get any money out of them. They wanted to give me $150 'cause it was "just an old car."

Ended up parting it out.

27. My first real running vehicle was a 1954 Chevy 5-window pickup. (1985...I was 16)

Dark metallic green paint, lowered, 283 with an aluminum powerglide transmission. I saved up my money from working and built it with my dad's help.

My dumbass older brother who didn't have a car because he was always blowing his money partying was always after me to borrow it and I usually let him about half the time.

I had started to do some work on the front brakes after school one day and told him not to use my truck.

The dumbass proceeds to go into the garage, take the car off the jack and jackstands and takes it to the neighboring town. By the time he gets there, he's pumped enough brake fluid out of a connection that that I hadn't fully tightened that he doesn't have enough brakes to stop at a big intersection and plows into a Chevette being driven by a 16 year old girl....broadside. Totals both vehicles.

I'm sitting in the garage....pissed....waiting for him to come home, and instead a wrecker pulls up towing the carnage of my truck. (he's sitting in the truck with the wrecker driver). I actually tried to kick his ass right there and the wrecker driver broke it up.

All I had was liability coverage, so I was totally screwed. My brother didn't have any money and left for college a couple months later.

I saved up again and bought the 54 Ford that I'm finishing the rebuild on now. My dad felt really bad about it all and pitched in half the money to buy the 54 Ford.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  28. Deuces

Deuces

Ummm...... No comment!..:eek:

29. Oak tree 1... chevy 0:mad:

Attached Files:

30. wvenfield

wvenfield

I've never totalled one. Why would I want to do that?