Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats the longest you have drove your car!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jawdrpn36, Feb 18, 2008.

1. HotRodPaint.com

HotRodPaint.com

I have a 3-door suburban I have driven over 200,000 miles since '78! It now has over 400K total.

2. OLDSKEWL61

OLDSKEWL61

drove my 61 caddy year round in ohio for 5 years 120 miles a day ave. given there where a few days i stayed home but i did make a pittsburg pa to mesa and back in it all while it was bagged and running a 260 olds with a 2 barrel man i miss that car i even got it tattooed on my arm.

3. 1934coupe

1934coupe

13,000 mi in 6 weeks from LI NY to the Street Rod Nats in Columbus OH., St. Louis and the Bud brewery, KC. KA., Denver and Coors, Estes Pk., Steamboat Springs all in CO. Dinosaur Nat. Pk., Salt Lake city and Zion Nat. Pk. in Utah. On to the north rim of the Grand Canyon and a small raft trip, past Hoover Dam. Las Vegas NV., Barstow CA. down to San Diego, up the Pacific Coast Hwy. to Hearst Castle, Big Sur, Montery, San Fran. Got long distance at Andys Picnic in Valejo, to Sacramento, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Reno NV. Pocatello ID. W. Yellowstone and another Long distance award at the Yellowstone Rod Run,Yellowstone Pk. Grand Tetons, Rapid City, Bad Lands Nat. Pk., Mt Rushmore, Sioux City IA. then on to Interstate 80 for the long trip back east. All in a 36 Willys 4dr.sdn. filled with camping equipment, coolers, cameras, clothes, etc. and a 4 cyl. Chevy Nova motor w/glide. June and July 1978

4. L.A.-Bar

L.A.-Bar
    from Lforida

I've driven from Austin, Texas to Ocala, Florida (1000 miles) straight through a few times. Most recently this past News Years Eve.........22 hours.

5. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Hope this counts
    Drove a race car transporter from Hopkins Mn to New Castle Indiana ( heading to Mid Ohio road course ) when the engine blew on the truck.
    Rented a car drove to my shop in Nowthen MN, Slept 1 hour .
    Hook up my 1 ton Ford 4x4 to my open equipment trailer, loaded my 300 - 6 Ford 1/2 ton on the trailer drove back to New Castle.
    Loaded the broken 1 ton truck with 11foot camper on my trailer, hooked up the 24 foot enclosed trailer to 1/2 ton truck, got 6 hours of sleep returned rental car and started the convoy home.
    Got to Black river falls Wisconcin we had a 2 flat tires at once on the trailer ( trailer rated for 10,000# only class c tires on it, lucky state trooper did not notice ) Hider semi tow truck to move off freeway per request of state trooper.
    Drove back to Elk River got spare went to Hopkins Mn bought second rim and tire and returned to Black river falls.
    Got every thing fixed and made it to Hopkins and then Elk River.
    Aproximatley 3000 miles of driving in 4 days on 8 hours of sleep

jim h

6. gonmad

gonmad

The wagon, on the Hot Rod Power Tour last year, about 3,600 miles in 8 days.
    The Camaro, I think 6 Hot Rod Power Tour's! About the same mileage each time! Prolly going to do it again in the wagon in a couple weeks too!

7. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

For me it was about 30 mins but the best 30 mins of my life then my oil pressure droped and then it was back in the garage.

8. 30 miles. Havana FL to Thomasville GA. (oh and back) One day!

9. kornbinder

kornbinder
    from Sonora, CA

Sonora, CA to Lawton, OK and back

Attached Files:

10. facefive

facefive

in one day... 995 miles. straight thru on the way back from vegas to portland. (viva las vegas) we were pussies and stopped on the way down : )
    at $4.00 a gallon it'll be a bit before i do that again.