Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's the diameter of 26-27 T headlights?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rainh8r, May 18, 2009.

1. rainh8r

rainh8r

I'd like to replace the 7" sealed beams on my 32 pickup with 28-9 lights, but they're just a little too big. The light base is molded into the grille shell, so there's a limited space for them to fit. I'm thinking 26-27 T lights were a little smaller than 9" (what the A lights are) but I don't have any to measure. Can anyone measure some t lights and let me know? Thank, Rob

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'd need to see a photo of your setup to fully understand the problem. All T headlight bases 1915-27 are the same size, and use thre same size rim. outside of the rim is 9 inches.

3. rainh8r

rainh8r

Thanks, I was afraid of that. There's only about 2" now between the outer edge of the headlight and the fender, so a 9" light will probably hit the fender. I have some 28-9 lights that are 9" and was hoping the T's were a little smaller. The lights are bolted to the shell and the base molded in about an inch high, so that isn't going to change. I like the look, just not the small, new looking lights. Rob