Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What's the best cruise night near K.C.MO.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bb1970, Jul 1, 2010.

1. bb1970

bb1970

Looking for a good monthly cruise night near Kansas City. Went to one in Belton last week that was cool. Lots of cars and a few shops and places to eat open on the square to get out of the heat.

2. Define best. I liked the Belton cruise when it was younger. But its become too big for my taste these days.

These guys used to put on a small cruise in Bonner Springs once a month.

http://www.chevygmcofkc.org/forums/index.php

You might look around over there or drop Gayleen a note and see what they got going on. I know they got a show and shine comming up that should prove to be interesting. Won't be all trucks or at least it never used to be.

If you write Gayleen tell here I told ya.

3. burnt clutch

burnt clutch

What are you looking for in your night? Belton is the biggest I've been to but I've noticed that each location will bring something a little different from the other. I goto the Blue Springs cruise as its closer to me and has a good variety of musclecars, original/stock restorations and the occasional rat rod. It's about a third the size of Belton, but in a similar old town setting. There are a bunch of specialty car shows through the year, notably the KC corvette club show and Greaserama. There's also some weeknight cruises at Culvers and Hiboy burger places.

-Karl

4. burnt clutch

burnt clutch

5. bb1970

bb1970

I live north of Grain Valley. I've been to several of the little events around over the years. Just trying to scratch up something a little different. Something a little less muscle car. Kinda want to see something besides the local Camaros and Mustangs.