Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's the best bang for your buck A/C kit?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40FordDeluxe, Jan 4, 2011.

1. 40FordDeluxe

40FordDeluxe

I am searching on here and haven't seen any good threads on what is the best bang for your buck A/C heater kit. I was going to purchase a kit from Rod Parts but after seeing all the issues people have with them, I changed my mind. Then I was looking at Southern Rods kits, but what else is out there for under a grand and works well? Thanks Ryan.

2. badshifter

badshifter

Rolling your windows down does the trick every time. And it's cheap!

3. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Even if ya have to buy new cranks..... Windows down is cheap. Or get a roadster.

4. R.C.

R.C.
    from Waco Texas

I was thinking about a bag of ice to sit on??????

5. Your thread seaches are probably coming up dry because this site really isn't about a/c etc. That would be called 'street rod."

6. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

7. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

8. 40FordDeluxe

40FordDeluxe

Thanks Duece Roadster and 40Stude Dude. As for the rest of you, I have no problem driving with the windows down, because I do it all the time. But, if I want to continue on getting the wife to be more comfortable and more tolerable, A/C will sure help. Plus driving below 20* is a B**ch on my daily commute.

9. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

I also like Vintage Air. Would suggest using VA condensor as well. Don't use Walker.

10. Around our way, we call this '2-30 air conditioning'. 2 windows down at 30 MPH. :D