Register now to get rid of these ads!

whats it worth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jlow, Jun 20, 2009.

1. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

no pics it was to late to take em i will put em up soon as i can wit the rest of the build pics as i go

2. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

the word you're searching for is chassis

3. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Haha, yeah, the word he should be searching for is PICS!

Why start a "whats it worth" thread and not have pics?

4. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

yea thanks ..fiddyfour thats what i ment to say i never won any spelling bees....
    i will post pics this week end in this tread..i was busting ass getting it mounted to the new frame today ....

5. Drop it on there and pop the bolts in. I had a good Model A parts guy (an old guy who's been selling parts for them since the 50s) tell me you can buy the right ones at any hardware store, they're just carriage bolts.

$3000 is definately cheap for a complete coupe, I've been asking more for my pickup just for the benefit of the chiselers.

6. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

it was complete minus the engine trans rear ..running boards ,fenders.skirts ..and the lil chop job the previouse owner had done on it so after i mount it to the frame i will take care of the doors and winsheild..

7. blitz

blitz

you got a deal huh. what "side of the tracks" was it (if your from li you would get.) hell i just bought a rough 28 sport coupe and nice chassis for 1300 and didnt feel bad about it. have fun you almost have the whole car

8. blitz

blitz

i could get you the hieght of the windsheild frame maybe tomorrow

9. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

it was from the north shore the guy wasnt gonna budge a bit..he new what he had i knew it was preety much all there and what wasnt i already had so no biggie where you from.where did you score that for 1300 someone just told me after i picked this on up there was another for sale on craigslist for 1300 i was pissed hope it wasnt the same one

10. blitz

blitz

it was an ebay find i was the only bidder i couldent belive it. i guess i was an alright deal it looks like someone kinda tried to restore it but it sat for a while after that even. im looking for a roadster cowl to make it a roadster, but the real way not just chopping the tops off the doors. its at my parents place so unless they just got sick of tripping over it i dont think its the car on craigslist ha ha.

11. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

yea i got the one from craigslist thats the one i bought ...its preety much monuted to the rails ...i just need to fix one of the cross rails its weak and makes the rear of the body sag so it needs a lil re enforcement...
    will have pics up soon

12. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    needs some tlc the only thing i used was the body everything else i had..

13. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

14. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

what are you bumping this thread for? you bought the car, everyone said its a good deal on the car... i dont see the point?

15. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WTF? You dont know what a Chassis is?:eek:

16. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

lol

i actually do, and, im my haste to have that bit of fun, i actually spelled the word correctly

problem solved

17. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

well since i know you can spell .. than you must be able to also read.i said before i was gonna post pictures when i could in this thread...thats why there was a btt ..thanks for the spell check also..

see my point...

18. doctorZ

doctorZ

The resale value on sport coupes is much lower than most other A's if it is hotrodded. Restorers like 'em, but most people are looking for a standard coupe or roadster.
    -drZ

19. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

thanks doctor z..
    the 1st thread title was whats it worth before i was to buy it ...after i bought it i couldnt change the title ...it should be titled now (i bought a model A sport coupe ) W/pics but i dunno if it can be changed ...