Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's it worth? '30 Ford 5-window coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slammy, Apr 20, 2006.

1. slammy

slammy

I just found a '30 Ford 5 window coupe by my house and its for sale. I'm knee deep in a custom project, but I've kinda got a bug to build a rod too. Don't know too much about these cars.

It looks good; it was originally restored to bone-stock 30 yrs ago, complete with wire wheels. Doesn't look to have any rot; not much surface rust either. Everything appears to be there (hood, grille, lights, rumble seat, doors, glass, etc.), but the orig. engine is no good. Interior is rough. Its an original CA car, with '30 plates.

What is a reasonable price range for this car?

2. Running, going A coupes run $4000-$6000 for scroungier cars, the nicer they are the more they cost. Being west coast I'd figure on the higher side, but it pays to make an offer.

3. Gerry Moe

Gerry Moe

In CA I really think that car would go for 7-8 saw a non runner sell for 6 thou just last year

4. Here in the upper midwest my friend sold just a stripped out '30 coupe body, pretty clean, almost rust free for $3K so I would agree with the above price.

5. JamesG

JamesG

It's worth what your willing to give and what the owner is willing to take.

6. hot rod wille

hot rod wille

Hey Slammy---if ypou pass on the model A---i got a buddy who wants one---I'm in Newbury Park

7. hotrodsnguns

hotrodsnguns
    from Fresno, CA

what ever you can get it for

8. hotrodsnguns

hotrodsnguns
    from Fresno, CA

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

If it was Fresno it would be 10,000 they think it is Gold here.

10. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

In Texas it would bring between 6-8 grand. I saw a fiberglass body in one of the catalogs the other day for $12,500. Yeah, my jaw hit the floor. That was just the body with a chop. No frame, interior, fender, etc. What does he want for it, that's the question to the answer.:D

11. Brewton

Brewton

check E-bay to see what is the going price is compared to what your looking at.

12. I just sold an older restoration to a buddy for 7k. It was worth 9k-10k... but he's a good friend, and that is what I had into it.

I think 4k-5k for a bare body in perfect shape isn't unreasonable. Especially when you consider what a '32 sells for. They're BARGAINS!

Sam.

13. Dirk35

Dirk35

My best friend sold his 1930 Model A 5 window couple about three years ago. It was bone stock other than a pitiful hack job of bobbing the rear fenders by the mailman that originally owned it after beating them up on ruts in the 50s. He sold it for $5500 here in Oklahoma. He had bought it two years earlier for $4000. It ran and drove great for a 1930s car. Never rebuilt, just maintained.

14. buschandbusch

buschandbusch
    from Reno, NV

well, 30-31's are more desirable, and if it's complete, running, no rust you're looking at about $8-10k from what I've seen on eBay. I paid about half that, but have spent much more just getting it up to spec. Always start with the best you can afford!

15. Terry D

Terry D
    from NY

I paid 7000 for an older restoration running 30 coupe last summer.The guy I got it from had pulled the fenders and running boards off,he was going to repaint it and never got it done.It was a real nice body with not real nice paint job.Had a rebuilt motor with reciepts for 2300,I sold the motor for 500.So a missing A motor is no big deal.Question-why does everyone invest 2000 in the motor I'm going to throw in the garbage!!!!