Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's hiding in the 5 block radius from your house?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JAWS, Sep 12, 2009.

1. lamy_chop

lamy_chop
    BANNED

well let's see.....a 1957 desoto, a 1953 caddy, a 1958 caddy, a nash metro, several classic rolls royce, a 1970 cuda and those are just the ones i can see from the street (mostly parked on the street). i'm pretty sure there's more. there's also a 1969 alfa romeo duetto spider that frequents the neighborhood.

2. I live on a dead-end street. And on it my next door neighbor bought a '57 Pontiac ( I think me owning a '50s car influenced him a little, Lol!). Four houses down on the other side, there's a '65 Pontiac convert, two houses from that is a 32 Ford coupe Rod, and three houses from that, a '70s Firbird.
    Lol! I think my street should be re-named, and called Old car avenue, or Vintage street!

3. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

There's a few in good old Jville. :D

4. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

A bunch of BMW's and Audi's... that's why I don't fit in..:cool:

5. rustnpz

rustnpz

The old guy across the street has a old school 35 international pick up fender less olds motor in a garage at the back of his property. I heard stories about it so I asked him and he showed me It's true he built it in 1978 and never drove it and won't sell it. I've asked a number of times with cash in hand no luck.

6. Probably alot of meth and weed.

7. 57FORDF100

57FORDF100
    from bell

an old man that lives in front of me had a 1950 dodge truck that he almost never takes out just sites there and when i use to live at my moms house down the street from her lives an old man his house looks like the house from the texas chainsaw massacre movie he has a 1961 ford truck that has been sitting for more then 8 years and on the other side of his house he has a 1964 buick rivi that he keeps covered up exept for the head lights witch is a dead give away that its a rivi

8. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

i dont have any pics..but i know lots of gold mines around here..there this old man that has his property full of rides for sale..hes prices are steep tho.

9. 1963nova

1963nova
    BANNED
    from ohio

well lets see we have two different properties to talk about ... here in Ohio within 5 miles I know of two 55 chevy's sitting in a garage he also has a 66 chevelle and a awesome 60's style dune buggy and his son has a 67 chevelle sitting in there , he wont get rid of any of them , and right behind my house there is a guy has a 50's chevy truck sitting in the barn and like a 20's nash model a style , he won't get rid of any of them ... our place in missouri has the best right next door to us a guy has a 60's style funny car with 5 extra 426 hemi blocks ((( no Heads ))) and a glass t bucket body hanging up in the rafters and out in the yard rotting away is a 73 vette . it's been stripped a bit and has no title and a cracked no orignal block for 5 hundred dollars and a 60's chrysler that I want bad but he will only sell the vette , also down the road from him a guy is building a steel T bucket he says been 30 years in the making but he lost intrest but won't sell also about 7 miles out of town guy has a old junkyard full of great 60 and 70's body style cars and there all for sale but none I want ...

10. 1963nova

1963nova
    BANNED
    from ohio

Lol just read someone listed my place here ... states the guy has lots and won't sell a damn thing ... lol yeah thats me

11. 52 csb

52 csb

52 ford mordr needs full build,,fair body. 49 Chrysler ?? bldg is falling down,, 50s jeep under knife orig 6cyl ,,52 dodge truck build orig. 52 gmc orig build. thats a few i know of...:D:D:D

12. How far is a Block? LOL Never mind. Within 2 miles of me I know of a couple Tri fives and a couple of 50's F-100's, a T model and A guy that has loads of stuff, I haven't been thru in a long time. Lots of Chicken houses, Who knows what resides in them now that they aren't raising birds in them. When I was a contractor wtih the local telco I knew where all the good stuff was hiding around the county. but that has been a while.

13. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Raccoons, possums, skunks, deer, lots of things that live under ground and in trees.

14. [​IMG]

This Olds is 1 house away from me. The old guy that owns it has only put 600 miles on this car since 1962. He's got a few stock Model A's and some other stuff but this is my favorite.

15. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

I'm right on the edge of town so I'll take 5 blocks in one direction and 5 miles the other. ;)

4 blocks, a 1964 Buick 425cid factory 2 X 4 and Super Turbine 400, complete from fan blade to driveshaft yoke. NOT for sale, BELIEVE me I tried!

4 miles, a 1962 Vette in serious need of TLC but it is at least inside. He wanted to sell it when I talked to him 15 years ago because he knows he'll never get it back on the road. His wife won't let him because they took their honeymoon in it. The 327 and 4 speed were replaced with a 307 and 3 speed back in the 70's and time has not been kind to the body and interior but it could be saved at the time. I asked somebody about it last year, they thought it's still there and still not for sale but still inside. They also have a 1930 or '31 LaSalle hearse in another building, it still ran when I was there and he pulled it out and started it and hosed the dirt off every so often. His Dad was a Shriner and that was their parade car so it was painted up kind of goofy but it was still in real nice shape otherwise.

16. George G

George G

This is stashed a mile from me.

Attached Files:

17. burnout2614

burnout2614

Don't have room for all 5 blk radius but: numerous mustangs, 2 57 chev h/t, 57 nomad wagon, 55 nomad wagon, 3 55 chev 150, 64 tbird, 2 20's dodge brothers, 56 f1, 5 diff 60's mopars, 46 cad, 50 IHC carryall, 56 bel air, 46 chev 2dr, 54 chev trk and and

18. pincher

pincher
    from Saginaw

The only i can find out what is 5 blocks away is to ask the UPS driver, I have him trained, he bring's the part's out to my back garage,no matter how big of small the packages are.He let's me know about car's that might be for sale in the area.

19. 51 mercules

51 mercules

I don't have pic's.But there is a 55 Chevy Sedan Delivery.I keep going by and trying to find someone to talk to,but I never see anybody.

20. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It isn't hiding at all.
    [​IMG]

21. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

Well, out in the sticks we don't measure in blocks... But there's a guy on our road that has a few AD chevy trucks, a Model A coupe, and a few late 40's/early 50's cars that I haven't really looked at.. Then about 5 miles down the high way there's Midwest Customs.. They build donks.. Our new neighbor, according to one of his employees was building a 55 Chevy Gasser with a 392... not sure what ever became of that.. And one street over (about 6-7 miles away) there's an early 4dr falcon that always sits under a carport, hasn't moved forever... On the way into work every morning on 72nd st. there's an early 60's Buick 2dr, I think it's a Skylark, maybe a '61 or '62.. I'm sure a few Omaha hambers have seen it, not hard to miss if you look through the trees.. There's a 70's Charger in the keystone area, blue, the paint on top is burned off... Always wondered about it.. And then I think on Military there's a grey primered 50's Chevy (like '49 to '53 or so) it's wearin' a set of white walls and chrome reverses I think...

22. nwaringa

nwaringa

They call it a long term storage facility... I call it classic car haters anonymous.

storage.JPG

23. bigdog

bigdog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Only thing in a five block area around me is cornfields!

24. fanspete

fanspete

HOO-BOY, 5 blocks? Including some OT's... 2- '65 Merc Monterey ragtops,
    '63 Econoline, '97 Mustang Cobra, '05 Mustang GT, '7? Lincoln Mark V 2dr,
    '57 Chevy,'65 Buick Special, '65 Buick Sportwagon, '53 Henry J, '62 Chevy II,
    '57 F-250, '53 Chevy AD, '69 Firebird, '8? Malibu, '95 Impala SS, '69 Malibu ragtop, '72 Nova,
    '36 Ford 5w, '57 T-Bird, '69 Impala 4dr, '60 Comet Wgn, '62 Fairlane 4dr,
    '75 Caddy 2dr, '57 Ford 300 Custom, '57 Ranchero, '71 442 ragtop, '34 Dodge pickup,
    '50 Chevy 2dr, '67 Econoline, '65 Falcon, another '64 Impala, '67 Merc ragtop, '64 Ford ragtop, '64 Comet 2dr,'56 Chevy 2dr....crap, I know there's more, just can't remember them all right now! BTW, there are only a little over 2900 people in town! We kind of dig old cars!
    (almost half of those are my Dad's!)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  25. stude54ht

stude54ht
    from Spokane WA

Actually 8 blocks away. Been here since 1975 and all over the internet for the last year or so.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  26. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Considering my LV neighborhood is only ten years old, there's not much hiding anywhere. My cars are probably the oldest in that five-block radius - everyone drives bigass Lincolns and Cadillacs - with the occasional Camry or Accord.

dj

27. Turbo442

Turbo442

Just found this thread...
    I realized when we started walking around the neighborhood just how much was near us. I haven't seen many that are pre-65 but there are a few. Mostly there are a lot of musclecars that are tucked in garages.
    Lots of 60's Mustangs including two Mach I's across the street from one another.
    59 El Camino until last year
    57 Olds, 56 Olds Wagon and 50 Merc (same guy)
    Cool black and white 56 Chevy 2 dr post that is sometimes under a cover until it blows off
    Road Runner / Satellite,Army Jeeps, 55 Chevy Wagon, 67 Chevelle (all same guy plus more, they have been there forever)
    Some 70's Monte's, a couple of 65-66 Impala's.
    As stated before it's surprising how much stuff there is around. Of course all of us guys who actually drive our junk know each other.

28. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Got this around the corner from my house:

Attached Files:

29. crapshoot

crapshoot

LETS SEE,the best would be a 47 merc with a 392 hemi , buried up to the doors, still sitting there cause the son that owns the car lives in the citys wants 9 grand for it. used to be a 60 f100 a block away from me by the time i had a little cash saved to go make an offer. the owner gave it away the month before for half of what i was going give em, just my luck

30. Just moved to the area a year oe so ago, but still managed to see: 31 Chevy Coupe in a garage covered in blankets-not for sale, 66 Cutlass drop top just showed up about a month or so ago under a car cover, AmphiCar(the boatcar from Germany I think), but thats about it for now.....will keep looking