Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats better, Dazed and Confused or Two Lane Blacktop??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by motorhead711, Jun 26, 2010.

1. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

Dazed & Confused...I could relate just about every character to someone I knew ...Maybe 'cause 1976 (the year the movie takes place) was when I graduated HS...But I do think there were more bongs made in ceramics class than wood shop...

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  2. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Dazed and Confused - See it with a bud!

It's like my generation's American Graffiti.

3. Dazed and Confused made me look for myself in it at first because I was damn sure that someone with a camera had been following me around in the 70's with a camera! Folks, my childhood in the 70's was damn close too that movie! WOW !! You know your old when they make movie about the good old days and you were there!! :D

4. J CRUZ

J CRUZ

For fast cars and racing action TLB hands down. For a good funny movie that depicts an era pretty well and can be watched over and over again, Dazed.
    Supposedly Slater (the dark haired dude with the hat) had a white van that got cut out of the movie. Growing up in the Seventies, I prefer Dazed. I definitely live vicariously through my van.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

Two lane Blacktop ,,not only for the racin' & car scenes ,,but the underlying messages ,,the olive Drab Green Tee-Shirt the driver wore during the draft situation for Veitnam ,,,why there wasn't any Fords in the movie ,"GTO'S" ramblings ' he could take you up ,,down ,,or sideways," with a trunk full of drugs ,,the posters on the sides of the missing back seat when the"Girl" was back there ,why was there so many COKE signs ,,why wasn't there ANY James Taylor or Beachboys music ,? ,plus a bunch more ,,,it is truly a thinking gearheads movie ,,
    and the last scene ,,it left room for a TLB Part 2 which was planned ,,,,But ,,later when the "Mechanic" ( the BeachBoy. Dennis Wilson ) drowned ,,the "girl" ( Laurie Bird ) ,commited suicide,,,and the "Driver" saying he'd never make another movie ,,it was the one and only film James Taylor ever made ,,a TLB Part 2 couldn't happen ,,
    HOWEVER ,,,there are rumblings around that a Sequil will be made ,,
    I was there during those days ,,street racing ,, cross country racing ,,all for $$$ ,,plus girl hitch hikers everywhere ,,
    like whats already been said ,,,You just had to have been there to GET IT ,,,

6. But they were still unknowns and not yet Hollywood douchbags.

7. It would be terrible! CGI graphics, none of the original stars, etc.

8. solid

solid

Dazed is a great movie, i watch it once a month. Two lane is a little slow, but it is a gearhead must see movie. I like em both. I cant believe bullit wasnt mentioned one time in this thread, best movie ever...

9. Grifta32

Grifta32

Exactly.

10. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

1. American Graffiti
    2. Hollywood Knights
    3. More American Graffiti

I haven't seen Two Lane Blacktop or Dazed and Confused, it looks like I have some research to do. :D

11. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

I used to drive a Chevelle and go partying with my druggy friends every weekend so I would have to say dazed and confused.

12. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

2 Lane Blacktop is a better car movie... AND a better movie period...

Better cinematography, better script, better acting...

Dazed and Confused is a movie for the TV generation.

I'm really surprised by this thread... I thought I'd just see a bunch of 'If you have to ask...' replies...

13. Dazed & Confused is all time! That movie is so damn funny. TLB is a good one too though. I wouldn't consider Dazed a car movie but I would rather watch that than TLB if I had to choose.

14. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

The more I see Two Lane the more I dislike it.

Dazed and Confused and Hollywood Knights are funny as hell, full of one liners, and full of cool cars. I never get bored of them at all.

Two Lane is angst filled and slow...it is very "EMO" to me. I tend to hate the character of GTO more and more with each viewing. I can sit thought a Fast and the Furious movie easier than I can Two Lane...I like "Hot Rod" and "Return to Macon County" better than Two Lane at this point in my life.

15. Muttley

Muttley

Two Lane Blacktop is absolute garbage, to quote Delroy Lindo from Get Shorty, "I've seen better film on teeth". The racing scenes are pretty good, the rest is unwatchable. Dazed & Confused is a great movie.

16. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

17. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

If you want to know what the 70's in "middle America" were REALLY like watch "Dazed and Confused". Like someone said earlier I can relate to EVERY character and situation in that movie. I would have liked to have seen more car action but otherwise they nailed it. Especially the kegger scenes.

I love the car action in TLB but otherwise it's too "out there".

18. George G

George G

19. What do you want for it Sled? I've been outbid on epay almost every time on one...PM me...

20. Bad movie, cool cars though.

[​IMG]

21. lorodz

lorodz

i cant help it but i like all car movies two lane story line sucks but i still can dig the style of film, d & c love the soundtrack hot chicks partys getting dazed .. great movie .

22. farbeyonddriven

farbeyonddriven

Dazed and confused!!!

23. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Depends on what yer into smokin. Weed or tires

24. elvi411

elvi411

25. Slow55

Slow55

Sure, I'll take that DVD off your hands! I listened to the whole movie at the drive-in from the back of my '57 wagon. I'd like to see it :D

26. That's like asking which one's better, a punch in the gut or a punch in the nose.

27. 76ironhead

76ironhead

Dazed and confused for me

28. i bet he has a face book page ... whats the hamb comin to

29. speedwise

speedwise

Two Lane Blacktop

30. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

i haven't yet seen "dazed and confused."

Now, one theme that maybe nobody talks about in "2 lane blacktop" is build it yourself or buy one from the factory---a hot rod that is. The GTO guy kept saying he "had no time"----so he bought a ready made rod.

The other 2 decided to build their own, which, if you've got the time and ability is probably ultimately the better way.

But really, i feel that a good car movie, despite the fact that it's really not a car movie, was bullitt.