Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats a good bench seat for 34 ford truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cgascompression, Aug 22, 2010.

1. cgascompression

cgascompression

What have yall used for a bench seat in a 34 ford truck thanks

2. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

ive put a couple of glide seats in a couple for some customers, a little tight for me with a chop & tight on the leg room. if your short you have more options. if i build one for myself ill just make my own

Attached Files:

3. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

4. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Early honda city, even then had to narrow the front 4" to match the taper of the body. We left the back rest part of the seat still tilt forward so we could stuff a few small items behind the seat. And the base tilted up to get at the battery and electrics and more storage. Small is good in a short cab.

5. 80's ford ranger, I sectioned out 4 inches in the center and pie cut 1.5 inches out of the lower front corners to compensate for the cab narrowing towards the front, it works great, and tilts forward for storage behind. PM me if you want some pic's.

6. What about 2-spot middle row or third row seats from minivans or Suburbans?

I always suggest the mid-late 90s Olds minivan (and maybe the clones have them too) that have a 3-pc middle seat which the sections resemble an older low-back bucket seat - should be narrow enough to fit, relatively easy to find, and look like it belongs there.

7. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. second row caravan van seat

9. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Definately Dodge Caravan 2nd seat, cheap as chips ,right size & comfortable,you don't even need tools to remove them.Just make a base with some tilt , remove the arm rest & Bob's your Uncle .

10. Funny, the OP had 2 of these posts. On the other post I mentioned the mini van seats, and the traditional police (of course traditional to one meant putting in a Mustang 2) jumped in.

11. rebelrat

rebelrat

got an vw bug rear seat cushion in my 36 pickup if that helps

12. sugarlou

sugarlou

Its a '44 but probably very close in dimensions...as stated earlier Dodge caravan 3rd row seat..boneyard $50...gonna recover this winter . Get all the "late model" off it[​IMG]

13. lawman

lawman

Thanks to Bad Bob we put this Dodge Caravan 3rd seat in our 38 chevy truck cab and it works great !!!!! Tom (Tired Old man)

Attached Files:

14. guiseart

guiseart

do they adjust/slide? I guess they would if you bought some cheap sliders, huh?

15. lawman

lawman

We chose to not make ours slide.It has to be all the way back anyway
    to have any leg room at all in a truck cab Tom (Tired Old man)

16. As for the traditional police, I wouldn't worry about it when it comes to your seat! haha

I'm guessing that if guys had deep enough pockets, they'd have an awesome custom seat made to original specs. Or, if they were able to locate a decent original seat for decent price, they'd go with that.

Maybe the thead title should be changed to "what's an affordable and easy to source bench seat for the 34 pickup" Cuz I'm pretty sure that's what the guy is really asking.

The other option is making a seat. Not always a good option for everybody, depending on their skill set and what materials you got lying around. But if time and money are your worst enemy in getting your car on the road, how can you go wrong with a FREE caravan seat....belive me, they're out there! haha. Spring seat with a nice sturdy frame, spots for your seatbelts to bolt up...you can't go wrong!

Who says you can't put a crusty late model seat in your car/truck for now....SO YOU CAN DRIVE IT....and save up for that nice $$$seat. God knows it'd take a long time to save up $500-1000, or more for a nice cutom upholstered seat.

The real tradition in hotrodding has always been....being resourceful! making the best of what was readily available to you at the time.

Some things were critical back then, engines, speed parts, axles, brakes, steering parts....yeah....but do you think guys on limited budgets actually gave a rats ass about what seat they were using? hahah.

Anybody who is on a high enough horse to tell you, essentially, that your pickup needs to have the correct seat in order for "you" to enjoy it....tell them...."F*%#! you and the horse you rode in on".....it'll get a nice seat when you can afford it, or find it. In the mean time, you'll be rolling and 90% of em will still be parked in their garage...if they even have a "traditional" car to begin with.

-Steve

17. As many of you may have guessed...I'm using a caravan seat....FOR NOW! lol