Register now to get rid of these ads!

What year are these early Dodges?..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Hueso, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Well mines from a 1919 touring car....think the cowls are the same till '22...but im probably wrong.

Attached Files:

2. whats the plan for your dodge roadster?
    anybody else out there got anything or got any idea on these? did they change the gauge clusters or anything like that, that might make it easier to determine the year?...

3. CGkidd

CGkidd

1916 to 1919 are the same mid 1919 changed door size to a taller door in the early 20's they went to a laid back windshield post. yours are definately the earlier bodies but I don't know which door size it would be. Unfortunately I will not be able to get measurement till my ship gets back in March.

4. noboD

noboD

CGkidd is right. Can you show the dash area? Several differant gauge configurations. Pre-17? had a glove box.

5. here is the only picture i can get for about a week:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=139194
    the two bodies appear to be identical. the one with the model a bed doesnt have the dash in it. but the other one does not have a glove box. i can get a measurement of the doors tonight and post it tomorrow. thanks...

6. noboD

noboD

I just checked a '15 touring, the front edge of the cowl is about 4 inches lower then bottom of windshield when firewall is vertical. I can check a '17 touring tommorow, but I'm sure it's the same. Front door on the '15 is 20 inches tall. The dash would tell the tale as the ammeter is in front of the driver in '15, moved to in front of the shifter by '17, about a 2 1/4 inch hole. Oil pressure is by shifter on both. Did you get an engine?

7. im building a boat-tailed roadster out of mine, using a hood off of a '41 ford truck as the back half of it...just need to start filling in the open areas with some sheet metal and inner structure.....have some more pics from different angles...but it still looks like ass as it sits right now.

8. Na I didn't get a motor with either of em. The bodies were just rusting away in the middle of a field all alone. I'll have to look at the dash tonight to get a better look at it.
    I did however measure the doors last night. They are 19 3/4" tall and 20" wide...

9. Paul

Paul
    Editor

don't know if it'll help but,
    here's a snap of Eric's (CGkidd) '19? Touring front half on the chassis and his spare cowl in the forground

looks a lot like yours

Attached Files:

10. yeah he was telling me about his at the monroe swap. his is in a little better shape than mine.
    ill have to look up that post you guys did working on the frame of that roadster. what year is the frame?
    hey Eric or 60's style do you have any extra parts that you would be willing to get rid of? firewall, frame, good sheet metal, etc?..

11. 60's style i tried to do a search for you and CGKidd's tech posts on kicking up that dodge frame and only found the final steps. do you have a link or maybe can you post those pictures again? thanks..

12. Paul

Paul
    Editor

13. noboD

noboD

Somewhere in 60'sStye's post it said it was an '18 frame. I checked doors from a '17 touring today, they were the 19 3/4-20 inches same as the '15.

14. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

I have the same thing in my garage. I'll try and post some pictures if it'll help

15. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327