Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What would you call my car ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rodz R Us, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hot Rodz R Us

Hot Rodz R Us
    Member Emeritus

I'm just curious as to what classification would my car fall under. I built it to look like something someone would have thrown together back it the 50's or early 60's era for a Homegrown Hot Rod. Everyone has that Rat word that they don't like, just wondering if that was what my shit was getting called....LOL
    Dsc04578.jpg

Dsc04579.jpg

Dsc04580.jpg

100_0782.jpg

100_0754.jpg

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  2. Who cares what others call it? Drive it and have fun.

3. Donzie

Donzie

By the looks of it I'd call it "FUN!"

4. i like it shawn , call it "done" or "in progress" and drive the snot out of it..

5. "that's a cute dune buggy" .....

Someone had to say it -

6. Black?;)

Noticing the bones mounted pretty high........just curious if your caster is OK? Merely and observation and a question, mean nothing by it!

7. Hot Rodz R Us

Hot Rodz R Us
    Member Emeritus

Never checked the caster Tman, it drives great though, even with the Bias Ply tires. Its clocked a bunch of miles, and the car has been a blast. I've got enough stuff rounded up to make it into a RPU, but I hate to hack it up. Had thoughts about doing that this winter, but may just build another frame and start another car.

8. 61TBird

61TBird

Hahahaha!!! How about "Nice Rat Rod"!! ;-P

9. slepe67

slepe67

all right, you're killin me, show the back side now...I kinda dig the 57 Chevy-ness

10. KIRK!

KIRK!

Why would you ask?

I say borderline rat rod.

11. Cool as hell aircleaner though ... Oldsmobile? Cadillac?

12. "I call it,... Elaine..."

13. "Watch what you call my car. She's sensitive."

14. Hot Rodz R Us

Hot Rodz R Us
    Member Emeritus

Caddy....I stole it at a show this weekend for 50 bucks....Couldn't pass it up

15. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

I dig that yeller windshield. I had a roadster truck. Got tired of everyone calling it cute. Sold it. Looks too well built to be ratty. I'd say a jalopy.

16. If it were mine I'd call it just about done...sort of running but incomplete

17. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Of course it's a rat rod.

18. I'd call it Gollywanger but Sidney Poitier might call it Mr. Tibbs.

19. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

We call em' rat turds, what ever you want to call it, I like it!

20. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

change the interior including the license plates and signs and do a little more finishing on the outside if its not done, and i wont call it a rat rod

21. KIRK!

KIRK!

Oh wait, you added more pics...

rat rod.

Show me a photo in a pre '70 hot rod related magazine where trash was used in place of car parts.

22. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Not sure... the back reminds me of a 50-60's custom rod (doubt it would make a Beach Boy's album cover at this level of finish), but the fit and finish is pretty ratty. But I'd give the owner / builder a gold star for bravery, just for asking this group for their thoughts! Gary

23. You gotta love the beer. I could never drink and drive my car at the same time, that's gotta answer your question.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  24. Most of these guys are on other posts bitching that "rat rods" are unsafe and thats why they are rats. This car even has disc brakes.So do we need a new catagory to dicriminate that is "safe rat rods"????

25. KIRK!

KIRK!

I think that many rat rods re unsafe, but that's not the only defining factor. Using garbage as hot rod parts is the number one qualification to me.

26. I dont use "garbage" on my rods either,,,,, well, that all depends on who is the person defining "garbage". If you ask the city code compliance officer,,, I use NOTHING BUT "garbage" to build cars.

27. henry29

henry29

Thats the funniest thing I've read all day.

This car was on ebay a few times, each time a little further along.
    I thought it had a different seller each time. Did you buy it?
    Any way It is 100% RAT ROD

28. King_Hooligan

King_Hooligan
    BANNED
    from So. Cal.

Anything built by Barris or Dean or any other famous builder that scrounged junkyards for parts back in the 50's and 60's...Sure,they rebuilt the parts and cleaned them up,but they did scour salvage yards back in the day..And what usually went to a salvage yard back then?You got it,trash..;)

29. 2-TONED

2-TONED

i had a roadster pickup everyone called cute too! i couldnt take it i sold it!

-------- (because im nice) im not going to call your roadster cute but its pretty neat lookin.
    i like it!
    i think its beggin for big wide tires & mag wheels to go along with the tunnel ram & yellow windshield. -- im kinda partial to those early 60s machines on up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.