Register now to get rid of these ads!

what would carb spacers be worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rickyracer1962, Sep 4, 2003.

1. my friend just made me some for the model a, cnc machined. he has the program for them now and was wondering if he should start selling them? you guys think theres any market for open hole carb spacers for holley 94's & stromberg 97's?

2. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

I'm sure there'd be a market for 'em...with them being "the" carbs to run on vintage mills!

How much? I'd venture to say that $15 or so apeice would be an attractive price...though I'm sure you could get more than that, too.

What would it cost him per unit to make? I'm sure it'd be profitable once the machine was programmed and cut loose!

3. Different thickness' would be cool for multi carb set ups.No spacer at the front,small spacer in the middle,large spacer at the back.

4. Bugman

Bugman

What about angled spacers? I hate to see guys grinding 94's on 3X2's. An up and away spacer might be just the ticket. Course that would require a new program.

-Jeff Tanko

5. what are people grinding 94's for???

6. Bugman

Bugman

Some 3x2 flathead intakes, such as Offy, were designed for 97's, not 94's. Because the 94 has a larger float bowl, the center screw interfears with the front of the next carb. In order for it to all fit, that screw tab must be ground or filed off. [​IMG]

7. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

i think you couuld sell them I need some myself. It would be even cool it he made likes in them that looked like fins like old Ansen style..

8. 286merc

286merc
    from Pelham, NH

There is a market for a variety of spacers and adapters.

4 bolt such as 2GC to 3 bolt intake.

Large 4bbl base to small 4 bbl base such as the old Offy intake. The current ones are overpriced.

I like the idea of 3 bolt spacers, stack several to get the carbs up high like the Tattersfield for better induction.

As far as the 94 grinding you can just as easily do it on the genny cover.

9. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I've been toying with making (or having made) spacers for the 2GCs I'm building for my 327, I think this is a prime idea, especially if you get the torque gains you do with a spacer on a 4bbl. I heard somewhere that you can use wood for spacers too, but I imagine you'd have to sand it real smooth and seal it with something gasoline-proof.

10. LIMEY

LIMEY

Like these.....

Attached Files: