Register now to get rid of these ads!

What was your first show?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CruzrJenn, May 1, 2013.

1. CruzrJenn

CruzrJenn

Mine's coming up on Saturday and I'm excited. It's just a small local event, but still, I get to show off my baby with new upholstery job. :D

Do you show? And if so, what was your first show? Local or Big?

2. pg409

pg409

1960...August....an outdoor car show on the parking ramp in New Westminster BC Canada. Drove my 1951 Meteor (Ford) Victoria Hardtop.

3. The first major outdoor show was in Gatlingburg,Tennessee back in the late 60's. HRP

4. 1963 Ram Rods, Rod and Custom Car Show at the National Guard Armory in Washington, DC. Won 3rd place trophy in Mild Custom with my '62 Chevy. It was a spring show in April and it snowed the night before, we had to hand wash our cars outside before we could bring them into the armory building. Ed Roth was there with his Mysterian and the original Matador was there.
    Good Times back then !!!

5. chaddilac

chaddilac

Jenn... if you need someone to ride along... I'm available! :)

6. fsae0607

fsae0607

Viva Las Vegas 16 a month ago (as seen in my avatar). Had a blast!

7. Cheaterama 2008...

[​IMG]

Mine is the nasty looking shoebox in the background. Not long after that I blew it apart and it hasn't been back together since.

8. The All Ford show in Bellevue WA... I was 12 and my dad went on an on about this homely pale yellow 32 pickup. At 12 all I wanted to see was the Pantera's, Shelbys, Mustangs, etc... decades later he is flying out from Seattle again this year to help me build a pickup for him

9. My first show was a small local one, today actually. 80% of the people was standing around my jalopy :)

[​IMG]

10. Falcon Sprint

Falcon Sprint

May of '83. I took home an award for my 1960 Karmann Ghia.

Good luck, I hope you have as much fun as I did, because I have been going to shows every year since. Only difference is, now I keep picking the shows farther away because I enjoy the drive almost more than the show.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  11. flathead okie

flathead okie

Back in 96 I took my new to me T bucket to a small local show. Some freakin thief stole my valve caps, jacket, and a new t shirt I had bought.

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My first as a participant in my own rig was the Street Rod Nationals in Tulsa in 1973 in the 48 Chev pickup I still have. It was freshly painted and upholstered and we drove it 400 and some odd miles each way up there and back from McGregor Tx.

13. Autorama '67 in Christchurch, New Zealand, 1967. I showed my channeled, flathead 34 coupe.

14. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Goodguys, Pleasanton, 1996 or so. I was 16. :D

15. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

The first show I drove my actual car to was the AshBash hosted by the SloPokes back in '83.

16. warren1134

warren1134
    from TEXAS

All ford show Westminster, MD in 06. Drove my Torino... Man i miss that thing

17. 1927Tudor

1927Tudor

Spring Barrie, 1982 or 83... 60 Corvette.. silver and white.. lost that one in a divorce...:mad:

18. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Houston AutoRama 1974. Astrohall. Before that, I had only seen hotrods in magazines. I finally got to see a T Bucket in person and I haven't looked back.

After that first year, it was a Thanksgiving ritual for my dad, brother and I. Awesome times and great memories.

Now, I hate big shows. But I do enter into small gatherings.

19. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

first real car show I ever attended was the 1981 car craft streetmachine nats in indy. talk about sensory overload for a small town Midwesterner who thought that the cars in town were just the coolest!

20. Detroit Autorama 1958. 1946 Lincoln coupe semi custom.

21. my first show that I did was Fargos Topper's show about 2008
    with a 3 GMC shortbox
    later I got a 63 riv and showed it at Milwaukee world of wheels in 2010 for practice to see what I needed to change
    and then went to the GNRS in CA that was exciting;)

22. NORSON

NORSON

Attended my first Portland Roadster Show in 1957 (I was 15). Entered my first car, also PRS, in 1966 (took third). What a trip.

Attached Files:

23. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

First about 1970 in my 47 Plymouth sedan at the Gulf Coast Rod Roundup in Mobile AL. Several small runs in TX in my 48 Plymouth coupe or sedan in 71-72. Then the big one 73 Tulsa NSRA Nationals... my 33 cabriolet didn't make it but I did.

24. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

It was back in 2009, I had heard from a buddy there was a local cruise going on down the street I had just got the V8 swap done on my 57 Dodge. so I cruised it down not even knowing if it was going to make it but it did great! I was so proud that day even took a quick picture. She wasn't real pretty back then, especially compared to the 20 or so cars that were definitely "Show" quality, but my Dodge was the bell of the ball. It got all the attention, since it was in a small town and everyone had seen everyone else's car a hundred times. It was something very rare and different and I love driving this truck everyday since and still getting the same reaction from people.
    [​IMG]

25. jazz1

jazz1

1992 Duluth Mn,,stopped at car show and guy told me cheaper to enter car than pay admission. Got a great bag of swag a 2nd prize trophy in my class presented by Wolfman Jack. just about shit when they called my name,,car was not even clean,,beer cans in the back seat, no open hood

26. My first was a local 55-57 Chevy club (Virginia Chevy Lovers) show in Norfolk, summer of '78. I still see some of the guys who were in the club at the time.

27. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

I don't remember, that's kinda weird. I know I had a '65 BB Chevy, but darn if I can remember the first show it was in. Probably the local car show and cruise in the early '80's

28. 58 willys pickup. goodguys show here in KC. year ???? 2000-something.