Register now to get rid of these ads!

What was on this tag?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jax2A, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Jax2A

Jax2A

I recently bought a 26/27 T touring body from another HAMBer and this tag was on the inside side of the firewall, under the dash. It is 3 7/8" x 1 1/8". Any idea of what was supposed to be on it? No stamped numbers but you can see where it appeared to be screened with black. Any help on this? Thanks, Jack

Attached Files:

2. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

3. Jax2A

Jax2A

Patent tag then. Cool thanks for the help. I probably would have kept it on there it was readable, but since it isn't, then it goes.

4. jetmek

jetmek

you can get those new from snydersp/n t18650g $1.95

5. "ran when parked"

6. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

A model T with it's original patent tag. Might I suggest that you put the tag back on? A bit of authetic history there. I would prefer the original, even over a gold plated repop one................

7. aside from my obnoxious post earlier, I would agree with 29nash- keep the tag on the car!

29nash- sending you a PM!

8. Jax2A

Jax2A

Actually, I liked your first post, made me laugh so that's not a bad thing. I won't throw the tag away and I"m not going to buy a repop. I just didn't see a reason to keep it on there when you can't tell what it is. I am thinking about having it pinstriped and putting it back even though no one would be able to see it.

9. chaddilac

chaddilac

Those were the patent numbers, and a ford logo. That's about it, no help for a serial number. I had the same thing on both of my T coupes.

10. chaddilac

chaddilac