Register now to get rid of these ads!

History What us trad rodders were doing in the 70's...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by badshifter, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuces

Deuces

Nappy who?????:confused:

2. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VFGXC1jgOdY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Still got my "Big Bambu" album but sadly the massive cigarette paper in the sleeve went "up in smoke" years ago.

4. Deuces

Deuces

Is that the one that has the south sea saga..."Buggery on the High Seas??? LOL..:D:D

5. Rockey hit it with Los Cochinos

My favorite ...

Dave? Dave?

... Dave's not here

6. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

[​IMG]
    "Buggery On The High Seas", with Derek Manhold and Chuck U. Farley (Pedro And Man At The Drive-In) starts at 8:50.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zNvbrRvQgmE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Deuces

Deuces

How about Sister Mary Elephant???

8. Deuces

Deuces

I used to have "The Wedding Album"....
    I wonder whatever happened to it??? :rolleyes:

9. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Yep, looks like the same car. Indy Goodguys last year. Wonder if that paint is all still 30 plus years old. Looks like they lost the stance, lost the side pipes and added a roll bar.

I liked it better as a Street Freak!

10. dmikulec

dmikulec

Fits well here too. :cool:

The book R. Crumb - Conversations is full of such morsels.

11. dmikulec

dmikulec

I knew it was around here somewhere, just couldn't find the right book. I've spent way too much money over the years buying his sketchbooks and anything else of his that I could lay my hands on. ;)

12. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Dig his work! For more,here's his website http://www.rcrumb.com/

It's Fritz The Cat! A self-centered and hedonistic anthropomorphic feline con artist, lacking both morals and ethics, who frequently goes on wild adventures that sometimes involve sexual escapades.

[​IMG]

13. Deuces

Deuces

My cat's the same way.... Every time he steps out for the evening...:rolleyes::D
    No wonder why he sleeps all day.... 'cause he's out getting some every night... :D:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  14. havi

havi

15. I had this album, along with Big Bambu. I can't remember if this was a sleeve inside the album cover or when you opened the cover like a book and this was inside. Wonder why I can't remember?? :D
    [​IMG]

16. The Milwaukee Art Museum had a Comics exhibit, laid out like a walk through history of comics; R. Crumb was part of it. What was cool is that the exhibit showed some of his little freaky animal sketches on line notebook paper.

17. Deuces

Deuces

I had that one also.... Last time I seen it was '75.. I think???:confused:

18. yep i like it better as a street freak also

19. Lurker McGurk

Lurker McGurk
    BANNED
    from next door

Spotted a survivor recently,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Lurker McGurk

Lurker McGurk
    BANNED
    from next door

My good buddy in the early '70s had a Caddy like this one. Lot of good times in that car, picking up chicks, smokin' weed, drinkin', and a few chemical adventures. He called it "The White Cloud".

[​IMG]

21. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

Man looking back from today, everyone in the '70s looked like scumbags. I didn't hit Teensville till '82 but I was there in the '70s and I remember seeing ALL of this. Except a girl grabbing a guys dong. Didn't see that happen.

22. Deuces

Deuces

Who you callin' a scumbag???... :mad:

23. Probably best you not confess you were checking out dongs as a kid.... it just dont sound right.

24. That wo0ulda been a nice car to have in the seventies .... woulda traded my Vega for something like that.

25. Skirv

Skirv

This thread was great in the beginning but has now lost it's way and has has jumped the shark....taken over by post whores

26. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Said the '80s kid...

27. Skirv

Skirv

Really? Read the whole thread jackass and show us the cars you were working on in the 70's instead of just hyping the things that were going on in the "70s" era like I did. I understand you are older than me and I wasn't even referring to you or singling you out so no reason for you to quote me in an attempt to belittle me. My point was this thread was clearly about the cars and associated events but has has clearly lost it's way. You were there but this isn't a sex, drugs, and rock n roll forum....post some automotive info for the youngsters and get this thread back on track.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  28. Oh the memories... if only I had a scanner.

29. 1971
    some musicans and the people that raised them
    photographer John Olson

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status: