Register now to get rid of these ads!

What To Name a Future HotRodder????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GearHead614, Jan 2, 2010.

1. CHOP36

CHOP36

I go along with MR48CHEV.Name him a normal name . I have a name of Marwyn that my whole life thats almost 60 years i been telling pepole what it is.My kids are named Michelle and Frank .

2. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

3. mike hamel

mike hamel

Thats my favorite BY FAR!

4. DrJ

DrJ

5. hotrodlarry

hotrodlarry

My Dad's Uncle was named Merlin. Everyone called him "Diz", don't remember why.Diz has a son named Merlin, but everyone calls him "Junior"

6. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

Graham
    Nash

these could also be put together and be associated with CSN as well.

For those that say a common name. I have a very common first and last name and it sucks when there are a couple thousand people out there with the same name or something similar. There was a kid in high school that had the same fist name and very similar last (1 letter was different), every time he did something stupid I would get called to the office. Even when they got the spelling correct I would still get sent to the office. It was a real pain in the ass. I decided then that my kids would have less than common names. 1 down and 1 to go.

7. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

8. BBobb

BBobb

9. My youngest son is Cameron... "Cam".. His middle name was a toss up.. He almost ended up with Zora.. After some thought he ended up with Cameron Preston.. Tucker is one of my heros..

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  10. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

11. neil(emory)
    clay(jenson)
    larry(watson)
    gil(ayala)
    robert(williams)
    burt(munroe)
    harry/harold(westerguard)
    don(garlits)
    Tommy(thickstun)
    ;)

12. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

13. north

north
    from orlando fl

14. Macca

Macca

My three boys are named - Edsel , Lincoln & Torino.

I will have to add "Ardun" to my list of Ford, Henry and Deuce in case there's ever a Forth!!

Good luck choosing a name as It's a hard decision deciding what your kid will have to live with,

Cheers Paul

15. hahaha...worked with a mechanic that had that same first name, how he became the head mechanic I'll never know.

Before naming your child ANYTHING, place yourself not only in their shoes, but in the shoes of any potential bullies who would make any sort of connection to their name and something negative. With the proper conditioning, yeah..naming a boy "sue" could make them tough, but it could also cause some pretty deep emotional instability. Unusual names have good and bad points...and there will always be some jerk who will attempt to make themselves feel better by annoying someone about their name.

Mom wanted a "bible" name for me, Dad wanted something unusual...they both got their wish, sort of. "Mark" is how most people know me...what they don't see/know is the "Markle" that is on the driver's license. For some reason, the nerdy girls that happen to be hot kinda like it, so I can live with that. :p

Initials are something else to consider...I do not know if my ex-wife/son's egg donor intentionally gave him a name with the initials PMS or not, but I keep hoping she gets smitten from on high with facial hair and a unibrow.

Like someone else said though...just look at them when they're born...it'll hit you like a ton of bricks. Nothing is too good for your own kiddos...

Congratulations, man!

16. oldpaint

oldpaint

If you name him Hemi the kids will be calling him Roid! We have a son BenjamAn. The schools were always trying to fix the spelling by changing the a to an i. We spent alot of time explaining that it is supposed to be spelled with an a, like MAN.

17. donovan or cragar

18. historynw

historynw

Just call him Ford.

19. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

20. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I have a friend who is American Indian. they have a tradition of naming thier children after the first thing they see when they leave the Tee Pee after the birth.

he has 3 kids, , Running Deer, Flying Eagle and 2 Dogs fucking.

21. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

We refer to our little unknown as Winfield. I like the names Cameron Michelle or Carter Sinclair

22. BangerMatt

BangerMatt

Guy around here has a 1915 Mitchell and a 1916 Maxwell.

He's got 2 boys named . . .

Mitchell and Maxwell

Guess who's going to get which car when they are older?:D

23. 1963nova

1963nova
    BANNED
    from ohio

hey keep us posted as to the name you choose and remember my Idea was HEMI

24. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If I'm lucky enough to have a son his name will be Vernon Edsel. (After my uncle and Edsel Ford of course.)

I also like Vic, Gene, Henry, Zora, Chet, and Ed.

25. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How about "HR"----For HOT ROD"???----I nicknamed my daughter that 57 years ago!!!-------Don

26. I worked with a guy (now deceased) who had two grandsons: Bo and Ty. Sad part is, he was a Ford guy.

Then there's Harry Coop. For real! The guy lives in the town where I work. I think he's a retired insurance agent.

Cooper wouldn't be a bad name. 'Coop' for short and even if he doesn't turn out to be a car nut it's still a cool name (and something he won't be embarrased by.)

Of course, ya gotta expect he'll eventually end up owning a roadster!

Hell, you could even go with Cooper Daniel. C'Dan.

OK, I'm done.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  27. Yeah, I always liked Cooper.I was going to name my son Cooper and call him Coupe for a nickname,but my wife would have none of it so we named him Perseval Faith.

28. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

I miss the normal names like Jeff, Robert/Bob, Michael/Mike, Alan/Al (Albert), Christopher/Chris, William/Bill, Paul, Mark, Ted (Theodore), Edward/Ed, George, Stanley/Stan, Daniel/Dan/Danny, etc.

Give him a name that will grow old with dignity. "Grandpa Skyler" just doesn't sound dignified.

29. 63bigbird

63bigbird

Lincoln for boy Holley for girl.

30. 4ever18

4ever18

A couple of things to remember. One is that you need to be mindful of what his initials will spell. Also, think about how the whole name will sound. A friend named her son Holden, which sounds fine until you put it with his last name of Aycock. :D

I'd also try out his proposed full name followed by "chairman of the board", "District Attorney", etc. You get the drift. He'll have the name much longer as a man than as a boy. Give him a man's name.