Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What to do in the San Francisco Bay Area?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Hueso, Mar 7, 2017.

1. I'm going to be in the bay area (Petaluma) at the end of March (24th-28th) visiting family and I was wondering what car related events are going on to check out. I noticed that Goodguys Pleasanton is happening the 25th-26th. I've never attended a Goodguys event before. Is it worth checking out? Are there many traditional cars that show up? What else is going on?

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

the Goodguys events are not "traditional" at all. I don't even know if there is a cut off year any more. lots of cars, a swap meet, cars for sale area and probably an autocross.

3. lucky13

lucky13

The only one that even has a cutoff date is in August. And I think they bumped that up to 73

4. plan9

plan9

Where are all the swap meets?

5. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you have time check out Roy Brizo's shop & Gotelli Speed Shop, both in South S.F., good luck !

6. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

Cha Cha Cha in The Haight at the end by Amoeba Records. Great Cuban food. Hit it every time i'm in town. Not car related but heck, you gotta eat!

7. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I see no reason a car guy wouldn't enjoy any GG's event as I'm sure there will be enough traditional type cars to see, just drop your HAMB guard for a day.
    If you go into S.F. and you like prime rib and feel like spoiling yourself have a nice dinner at The House of Prime Rib on Van Ness st.
    I haven't been there in 30 years but it still is getting good reviews.

8. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

Brizio's. Rodder's Journal. Steve Moal's shop in Oakland. Cotati Speed Shop. Sacramento Vintage Ford.

9. Definetly hit Good Guys, it's open to all years but there will be a ton of trad cars and the swap is huge. 24 Hours of Lemon is going on both days at Sears Point Raceway or Infineon or whatever the hell it's called these days.

10. Thanks for all the input everybody! Does anybody know of anything going on or places to checkout north of the bay too, near Petaluma, Santa Rosa, etc?

11. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I think the above has pretty well covered the main spots but Petaluma, Santa Rosa, Napa, Sonoma are all full of Hot Rodders and small shops. If you stop at the local donut shop you will find a group of Hot Rodders who will tell you were to stop.

porknbeaner likes this.
  12. There is a Cars and Coffee at Vintage Oaks Shopping Center in Novato the first Saturday of the month. Never been but it is supposed to be huge. Obviously a big cross section of cars, not sure about hot rod attendance. If you are still around might be worth checking out.
    Just take a drive out to the coast from Petaluma, great place for a drive. Even in a rental car !