Register now to get rid of these ads!

What throttle/ kickdown should I use?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BlackFlag, Apr 16, 2006.

1. BlackFlag

BlackFlag

Alright, heres the low down. Not so recently my 2bbl took a shit on me and after not being able to identify exactly which rebuild kit I needed I decided it would be better to convert to 4bbl while I was at it.

I found myself a Torker II and Holley 650CFM (probably on the rich side for a 302) that Im going to swoop up for $100. My current throttle linkage is all rusty and crusty so Ill go ahead and replace that while Im at it.

Im torn between what I want to go with. I was browsing the Streamline catalog and found the Gennie Shift that looked real good. My question is how hard is it to use their universal linkage and make it run correctly. Ill get the holley adapter for the C4 kickdown and all, but is it something that will be extremely difficult?

One last question. Does anyone know a cheap cheap method of removing the dirt and residual grime? Should I go in with a brush and some degreaser?

Thanks for any help!

2. Can't help with the KD, as I don't know crap about Fords.

But, Tide laundry detergent works real well to clean up engine funk. That and a garden hose with a sprayer should do ya ok on the cheap.;)

Jay

3. BlackFlag

BlackFlag

haha, kind of ironic. Ive been worrying about this thing for a couple days then when I thought about it I remeber I didnt remove any kickdown when I took my last carb off and that got me thinking. Turns out the kickdown is attached to the pedal rod right before it enters the cab. No more worries. Thanks all.