Register now to get rid of these ads!

What the heck is this?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fordoors, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Fordoors

Fordoors

When I bought my '50 shoebox, it came with a trunkful of parts. I got most of them figured out but this one has me stumped. My gut tells me its a panel that covers the O?D kickdown switch but I can't find the place it should bolt on to.

Then again, it could be an ashtray

photo.jpg

Ideas?

Michael

2. My guess is apart of the inner fender are the backside of the grill. Let me know the prize!

3. If you really need to know, send it to the scrapper. Within 5 minutes of the time it is irretrievable, you will know what it is, and replacement cost! LOL
    I know nothing about shoebox fords and I'm happy with that.

4. lesbliss

lesbliss
    from Canby OR

My car buddy & I put a 50 shoebox together from parts. We both tried to guess, but without some idea of size we can't figger it out. Post pictures from a couple of sides showing the angle of the piece and something(like a ruler) to give us a clue and we will give it a shot.

5. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

It looks like something you will eventually need and not be able to find where you put it.

6. 719kustoms

719kustoms

Looks kinda like some of the sheet metal from the bottom of the radiator. Kinda like a shroud to keep air flow across the motor and not under it. I can't remember the shoe boxes I've worked on having them but I have on some gm models, 59 bel air. Just an idea

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. If you throw it away you will eventually find where it should have gone.

8. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

Damn straight!!!
    Don't throw nothin away lol, a year from know it'll hit you, you'll realize you nwws it and wouldn't you know...They make repop's for $125!:eek:

9. My 56 Ford had something like that, two pieces that go under the motor to catch the oil that leaks so you can drop it all in one place on your garage floor instead of scattering it everywhere.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  10. NMCarNut

NMCarNut
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not sure exactly how it bolts on but it looks like a clutch petal shield.