Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What offer would you make

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by topher5150, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Ive seen a raggedy rusty tri five two door bench seat sell for $500. And the buyer stated he had spent $200 on gas looking for one.

bchctybob likes this.
  2. bchctybob

bchctybob

I agree with 1pickup, I’m assuming that you’re working towards a traditional/early style. Late model seats aren’t gonna cut it and pre-‘70 seats are going up rapidly cause they’re not in the junkyards anymore.
    If the power seat bugs you, I think you’ll find that the entire mechanism unbolts from the main seat frame. Then you can fab whatever you need using aftermarket manual seat adjusters.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

williebill likes this.
  3. andy dewitt

andy dewitt

Got a stock 46-48 bench if your interested

4. Whoever said Camaro seats are more popular than T-Bird seats must be a chevy guy. T-Bird seats are the first choice for 50's-60's Ford guys. That said, the seats the op showed are pretty rough, and imho that passenger seat being a different look than the driver's seat, no matter how rare, is fugly.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    Fitty Toomuch and williebill like this.
  5. topher5150

topher5150

Thanks again for the help. I'm not tied to t-bird seats, or these seats in particular, but if they were worth having I'd jump on a deal, kind of wanted something OE with a little brite work, and that kind of custom look. Someone was asking, I thought I mentioned it, but this is for my 47 Ford coupe. I want something both cheep and cool so I may have to get creative as to where i source it even if it may not be the most traditional.