Register now to get rid of these ads!

What Modification Do You Regret?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tommy R, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Dak Rat

Dak Rat
    from NoDak

Put air in my '32 sedan and welded up cowl vent, wish I could take that back.

2. when i got my 50 f1, it came with a spare cab that was one of the best unmolested cabs i had ever seen, came from TX, great doors, cab corners, floors (and it even came chopped a few inches). but instead of taking an extra hour to swap cabs (i also didn't want to have to finish the roof on it...) i kept the cab that was sitting on the frame, already painted the body color.

so far on that cab, i've cut out and welded in another stock dash, im gonna be cutting out and re-doing the cab corner repairs, there are no vent windows and the cowl vent has been filled, did i mention there is mud on the FLOORBOARDS? who in the hell does that?

great, now im all bummed again

3. atomickustom

atomickustom

This is a fantastic thread! I'm guessing a LOT of guys will say they regret putting a straight axle under a perfectly good ________ to make it look like a gasser?

I regret putting late-model (2000) Chrysler Sebring leather seats in my '53 Chevy. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but they don't match the style of my car and they were not particularly cheap. I could have reupholstered the originals for about the same money. Those I threw away.

I regret putting a 3.42 rear end under the same Chevy. It seemed ideal at the time, but I'm buzzing over 3,000 RPM on the highway and I could have had a 3.08 on the same day for the same price.

Live and learn...

4. 21tat

21tat

No regrets!

5. Welding back doors shut and shaving the wipers is my biggest regrets. The look is sweet, but function sucks

6. Installing long tube headers on two different cars. Always a pain in the ass to install or change plugs and they threw out a lot of heat under the hood and in the car. Sound wasn't worth the effort. Shortys on the other hand are awesome.

7. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

I regret not starting with a frame and getting the drivetrain done then moving the body over. This is my first car so I've learned alot, what I would change........ Nothing, it's been a hell of a good time laughing and learning as I go. Thank God that I have good friends!

8. 68 C10

68 C10
    from Athens, GA

Being 16, thinking I knew everything, and paying way too much for a truck that was crap underneath all the shiny stuff. Five years, a lot of money and A LOT of frustration and I still daily drive the thing, just now I know not to buy things from dumbasses :rolleyes:.

I can't complain too much, though. It has taught me a lot.

9. drchopper

drchopper

Putting a 500HP big block Chevy in my all steel 32 roadster , it was a blast but dangerous as Russian Roulette !!!!

10. farmer12

farmer12

No regrets so far, but who knows it may come at a future date.....