Register now to get rid of these ads!

What is this???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by adamshumard, Jul 22, 2009.

1. chubbie

chubbie

Thats cool!!!

2. I have pictures of it before Art redid it. I took them at one of Andy Brizio's picnics he had at the Vallejo CA. fairgrounds, back in the 80's. Art changed a lot of stuff on it. It was originaly flathead powered. It had 40 Merc rear fenders and tail lights, so it was built later then 37. It never had front fenders, the front tires where enclosed. Most of it was canvas stretched over round steel tubing. Art replaced most of the canvas with steel, and then I think they used some kind of airplane covering for the rest of it. I never really liked it after he redid it, to acid flash back days for me. I'm glad it was redone, though I wouldn't have changed so much. Howdy Lebetter did the interior. I remember it sat for years in pieces, in Walnut creek Ca. at a shop that started to do the work. Art took it out of there because it wasn't progressing at all. I'll look for my pictures and post them.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

ODD, those pictures quite clearly show the name on the side as "Himsl Zeppelin 1947 Roadliner" NOT 1937 anything. That would explain the later sheetmetal fender out back and punch a hole in the "history" balloon.

4. fenian65

fenian65

it needs flames!

5. Buzznut

Buzznut

Saw it in person at the Sacramento Autorama a few years ago....it is even more impressive in person. Definitely a beautiful ride. Talk about livin' on the road in style.

6. pasadenahotrod ... look again:

Art Himsl's Zeppelin - Lettering.jpg
    click to enlarge

7. Found this pic of Art's "Motorhome" taken August 1st 1971 @ Andy's Picnic - Crow Canyon Park in Castro Valley, CA:

Art's Motorhome in 1971.jpg
    click to enlarge

8. Just out of curiosity, I searched the H.A.M.B. for more pics ... and found a few ...

... Dean's (Fat ASS Whitewalls') pics from an '80s Andy's Picnic - Solano County Fairgrounds in Vallejo, CA:

Himsl Blimp 80s - Front (photo by Fat ASS Whitewalls).JPG Himsl Blimp 80s - Rear (photo by Fat ASS Whitewalls).JPG

... Denise's (hotrodladycrusr's) pics from Paso '07:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

... and 47Plym's pic from Paso '07:
    [​IMG]

9. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Hey buddy got a light?;)

10. flamingokid

flamingokid

Love that Zeppelin!

11. How about this? (1949 Popular Mechanics). This ran a rear mounted Ford flathead and had it's own on board TV station . I wonder what happened to it?

Attached Files: