Register now to get rid of these ads!

What is a 32 plymouth worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1320/150, Jan 4, 2010.

1. 1320/150

1320/150

My future father-in-law has a 32 pb 3 window. The car is 100% rust free has not been tagged since 1986. Runs and drives. Nice car. Chrome is nice. The only thing I see wrong with car for me is it would take a little bit of work to make a reliable cruiser/hot rod,i.e. 6 volt,brake upgrade. I have always wanted a pre war car,and I figured this would be a good way to kill two birds with one stone. He wants to sell I want to buy. Are there any drawbacks to plymouths,and what should I offer him????? sorry no picks,but can get some if it helps!!!

2. Weasel

Weasel

He's selling so ask him what he'll take for it. He must have a price if it's seriously for sale, otherwise he's just on a fishing trip.

3. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Do you know what he wants for it? I think if ya want it thats all that matters. Whats it worth makes me think you wanna sell it.

4. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

The PB is the model with the low windshield that looks chopped stock. They are a good car. I question starting off with your future father in law with a car deal .

5. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Me and oldebob are In Washington. If ya don't want it one of us can come pick er up for ya.

6. PB's are one of my favorites........32 only. I have a 31 PA, they are more boxy but still pretty cool. If you like it and want it, it doesn't really matter what it's "worth"....

7. you are marrying his daughter, so the car is part of her dowry..;)

8. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Dowry...I had to look that one up.

9. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Not alot of wood in the structure (like chevys)..... I think that if you are looking for a prewar car, there are many worse decisions you can make. The Plymouth is nice since its not cookie cutter ford, but every bit as beautiful. I would go for it, good luck, post pics!!!

10. rebstew187

rebstew187

:D LOL
    I hate to say it because it's said so much but you can't really put a price on something like that. It's worth what ever the buyer is willing to pay. It may be worth 10K to me and only 500 bucks to you. I had a 34 before and now have a 33, I'm game for a 32. If you don't want it turn another hot rodder on to it. Better than it sitting in the garage not getting used.:)

11. You have two choices - pay now before you marry the girl, or pay after you marry the girl. One you can walk away from if ill feelings arise from a car deal. The other, you can't.

Ask him what he wants for it. If you agree, buy it!!! Do your bill of sale and such on it, just like you would with any other private seller. Have everything IN WRITING, so later that are no "misunderstandings" between you, your future wife, and your future father in law. You don't want some sibling or other relative of hers (or his!) coming back later, saying that the Plymouth was "promised" to Cousin Nuckinfuts or Uncle Lester or whomever.

12. 1963nova

1963nova
    BANNED
    from ohio

we need pictures and more details , let us know if you get and what price you paid

13. dlshady

dlshady

You need to get in touch with Hamber "easydusit". He has two PB Plymouths and knows probably as much about them as anyone out there. Great guy too! Also, I noticed there was going to be one go through this year's Barrett-Jackson auction in a few weeks.

14. budrow

budrow

It mite scare you what some of those old Plymoths are bringing,so...if he'll price it where you can aford it, you mite be smart to buy it,get it all legel,and hope you don't piss him off with what you to it when you make it your own. Good luck, budrow out

15. 1320/150

1320/150

Don't want to sell it, just don't know what it is worth? It is off brand so I didn't know if their are any drawbacks to this particular vehicle making it worth less??

16. 1320/150

1320/150

All good advise.... Thanks all for the response......

17. One of our local rebels had one years ago and I was suprised how much they do look like a chopped Ford. He had a blown chevy rat with NOS and it would fly!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. As said earlier the 32 Plymouth PB coupe looks chopped from the factory,,on of my good friends had one for many years and drive it daily,,,beautiful cars. HRP

19. Weasel

Weasel

Here are a couple of photos of one - beautiful car...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Is it 100% original/stocker?
    Only drawback is finding parts, but I'm assuming it's all there?
    My concern is that down the road; every time you make a modification to the car is he may say "what are you doing to my car now"? Is he that type of guy, or will he appreciate that the car stayed in the family and you're taking care of it? Also, is he going to expect you to keep it forever and not sell/trade it?

21. sololobo

sololobo

One of the most gorgeous cars ever built, we all love Henrys car, but these have some very sweet lines and details that are drop dead cool. Also quite rare, compared to the #'s of Fords, and Chevys. Sounds like a primo running driving dandy. Get er done!! ~Sololobo~

22. ezdusit

ezdusit

I have had my stock (4-cylinder) Model PB coupe since 1962 and have probably put 50,000 miles on it, including 4 coast-to-coast Great Races. I also have a roadster that I'm putting a hemi in. They're nice cars with several features that were ahead of Ford or Chevy - hydraulic brakes and "floating power" as starters. If you were to keep the car stock, don't expect to drive it more than about 60 MPH. It'll rattle your fillings out. Also, if you're over 6' tall, plan on folding up like a pretzel, but that's probably true in any 1932 car in the low price range.

I've watched a few coupes change hands in recent years and I think a really nicely restored one will bring $20-$25K - way less than a comparable Ford. But as someone has already pointed out, it's all dependent on who's buying and who's selling and how much they want to make a deal.

You could do a lot worse than owning a Model PB.

23. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The MOPAR cars all have hydraulic brakes.