Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What have you done to keep your vehicle from being stolen?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ace61, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

Take the keys out?
    Wish I could convince my buddy to do that ... He claims, "If they want it, they are going to take it anyways"

Dang dude, you don't have to give it to them!
    Serious, he is single, works out of town and gone for many days at a time.
    He has a carport and no garage. A 54 shoe box & a 64 chevy pu, 350/5 spd.
    2 other newer trucks, his driveway is in a alley.
    It's a perfect setup for some drunk walking home, and rummage through cars for something to steal.
    currently working on the shoe box, kinda breaks my heart to get it ready for a road trip.
    New cooling system, re-pack the wheel bearings, adjust the brakes, oil change ....Then return it and have it sit there with the keys in it.
    Maybe I should add some sort of kill switch, just so I sleep better.
    The 64 gets attention next, it needs some wiring cleaned up. Would be a good time to take care of that one also.

wanders off mumbling something about brother, mother, staging a intervention

Ace61 likes this.
  2. If our car is stolen, and we get it back it is probably not going to be in the same condition it was. Thieves make me so mad, its hard to get over it.
    Todd autsin.jpg

Deuces likes this.
  3. jimmysweden

jimmysweden
    from sweden

I have tracker on my 32 roadster. one is little easy to find and one is good hidden. The first one i can track in realtime always. 24-7. The second i activate if the car is stolen. Okej, they can steel it but if I'm fast i can get it back.. But this is in Sweden/Europe. Not a big problem here.. 8ZvmE0DaSjqkr4pILZcrNw.jpg