Register now to get rid of these ads!

What have i got?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TANNERGANG, Feb 6, 2014.

1. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I'VE BEEN WONDERING AND HAD MIXED EMOTIONS ABOUT WHAT IS ACCEPTED AT SHOWS...I LOVE ALL OF THEM....GIVE ME YOUR OPINIONS ON WHAT YOU WOULD CLASS THESE CARS AS ACCEPTABLE AT YOUR SHOW......THE '32's ARE TUPPERWARE AND THE '29 TRUCK IS ALL STEEL..........TRADITIONAL, PURIST, STREET ROD, HOT ROD OR?

Attached Files:

2. Street rods...

3. jkeesey

jkeesey

I would say street rods also.

4. My car show????? My car is to drive, not show.

5. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

doesnt matter what we think it is, only thing that matters is if you like them, and are happy with them. I like all 3. But the vibe I get from them is Hot rod, with a little street rod comfort.

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

looks like some cool HOT RODs to me.

7. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

street rod........

8. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

And they are all driven rain or shine....headed to a Cruise in right now and and it's 34 degrees and misty.......I have soap and water, so they'll clean up......regardless of what they are, if you don't drive them, their useless.............

9. Who cares? Ive had cars both better than the shows criteria and worse, and not ONCE did I ever give a flying rats ass what others think.

10. I'm thinking more street rod. Do any of them have a tweed interior? :)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  11. sota

sota

I would call them hotrods!

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Caps lock.

Do people SERIOUSLY put that much thought into a car show?

13. aaggie

aaggie

I'm old and build my cars for me to enjoy. I personally wouldn't invest a Dime in anything I couldn't get in and drive anywhere in any weather, the only person I have to please is me. My standards are pretty high though.

14. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Street rods--and damn nice ones at that.

15. 3 street rods

16. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

You have three beautiful hot/street rods, Why not do one of each ,traditional,purist then your covered for any show that you want to DRIVE TO, to me that's what It's all about the drive

17. My opinion is that they are all very nice. But they are all in the Street Rod category. In my opinion a Hot Rod is loud, noisy ,and hauls ass!!! With some creature comforts added.

18. silent rick

silent rick

at least nobody called them ratrods

19. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Have to agree, HOT RODs.

Just out of curiosity, for those who called them street rods, what would have to change on these for them to be called hot rods? Not trying to stir up anything at all; just curious.

20. silent rick

silent rick

swapping to bias plys would be a good start

21. tiredford

tiredford
    from Mo.

I think I saw all 3 of those cars at the HAMB DRAGS.:rolleyes:

22. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

No tweed....leather and leather like material in all three............When I had steelies on all of them people would say Traditional and now that I have Salt Flats people say Street Rod......I was just curious what opinions I'd get.....I'm not one of those guys that builds/buys what others think is cool...I do them like I like personally enjoy them......I almost put black Steelies and Excelcior Tires on the '32's..........my problem is I like all of them....I'd love to have a '32 with a Flatty, alum heads, 3x2's and 4 speed....to me, that's the prettiest engine followed by a 348/409 or a Hemi.....my heart says a Deuce needs to be a Flatty......maybe one day...........thanks for all the comments.....wasn't wanting to upset anyone, but had heard so many different versions of what was what till I thought I'd just ask......when you get in your 60's you have lots of questions you want to ask.......sometimes not even caring what the answer is..hehehe

23. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I've never met a person who didn't care what other people thought...your a rare individual....let someone walk up to your car and start bragging on it and see if you don't start getting that feeling of accomplishment and pride..yes, that's my car....then on the other hand let someone walk up and say, man this looks like a piece of crap....and then you start getting that feeling of who is this guy?.... cutting my car down?..what does he know?..where is his car?.....yep...we all care...it's just the attitude we choose to show the world when these things happen..........do we want the world to see us as a good guy or do we want people to think the opposite....we get to choose

24. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

^^^ What he said. Good lookin hot rods.

25. 19blockhead72

19blockhead72

My thinking always was that a street rod was a pretty car with lots of chrome and polished parts and a/c and all power options. A hot rod is a car with all effort put into going fast and showing off, just a bare bones ride.

26. I believe all three fall under the banner of hot rod,terminally is subjective.

I won't mind having any of them parked in my garage.

As far as being welcome at most shows I attend all would be welcome,,at the All Deuces show I'm afraid your all steel pickup would not be included. HRP

27. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

My advice is to avoid all '' theme '' shows if possible!;) " those '' people usually use up what they agree upon, early on, it's then when the long knives come out!:D

Have fun, and drive the wheels off them because life's too short to worry 'bout what others think!;)

28. sport fury

sport fury

a street rod is a hot rod that is streetable. i have seen this term used in the 1950s. i think it is the style of some street rods where the traditional difference is.

29. Squablow

Squablow

I work the gate at a popular traditional show in Wisconsin which has criteria to get in the gate, and it's a very difficult job. People love to rag on the gate inspectors like we're trying to be high and mighty or passing judgement on the cars or their owners/builders. It's not like that. It's just that a line has to be drawn somewhere or a show just becomes another random collection of cars in a parking lot, the kind you can find at a church or city park any weekend of the year. It's never meant to be mean spirited or a good-ol-boy's club. I like musclecars, but I don't expect to be able to bring mine to a hot rod show.

Judging just by what I see in the pictures, I would say your swap to steel wheels and Excelsior tires would get either of your '32s into our show. The monochromatic paint job and the door art on the truck would be right on the borderline. All 3 look to be very well built.