Register now to get rid of these ads!

What happened to Larry Erickson's Buick?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nads, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

It just sort of disappeared. That was a cool damn car, too cool for a dork like Erickson but I liked it.
    Did it burn up, was it crushed, is it all painted and not rat rod anymore?
    Where is it?

2. Kommuter

Kommuter

bttt...Because inquiring minds want to know.

3. i saw the title, and thought for sure it was another post by 4eva4banger. [​IMG]

4. I am trying to recall this Buick. I sure like his roadster!

5. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

I'll check with Jim Bailie, who built the car to be sure, but I think I remember hearing that Larry sold the car a couple of years a go. I tried to get the 3 carb nailhead when Frank Wall swapped the BBC into the Buick, but it disappeared before I got there! Bummer.

6. The Buick is here in Detroit. Eric traded it to my friend Tim. Tim did lots of work on Larrys roadster. It was cool to see it as it was being built. not a car for most of the people here in HAMBLAND but a real work of art nonetheless.

Anyway back to the buick. It still looks the same but as was stated eariler the nailhead is gone and a gas gusseling big block takes it's place. So rest assured the car is still around and in good hands.

7. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Now fellas we are talking about the flat black '55 right?
    It had the build up done on it in Custom Rodder in the mid 90s.
    The top was sunk into the lower body. It had a skull screaming out the grille.
    That's the one I'm talking about, I wish I could find a pic of it.

8. yea,yea it's the same car. I'll try and get a pic for you.

But I would like to add it looked better in the magizine.

Those sunken chops leave alittle to be desired around the rear window at the bottom. Just an observation, If you saw it up close you would know what I mean.

9. D Picasso

D Picasso

like that car. had some subtle mods such as raised front wheel openings- a couple inches to cut down the mass and the shrouded look, shows more wheel/tire.

I remember that CR article. black with a shiny yelow top, right?