Register now to get rid of these ads!

What Fuse Box?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by old wood 51, Oct 3, 2007.

1. old wood 51

old wood 51
    from NAPA CA.

Hey I need some advise on fuse boxes,I know I need to run one now that my wagon is 12v , but do I have to go the full new harness route or can I just use one out of sand rail / porsche? I have a couple of early vw type also. will these type handle the current load of the stock wiring now that it's got a 60 amp alternator {gbc type fuses}:confused:

2. GARY?

GARY?

don't mattter. Go to napa get one. Use it.

3. If you run into someone parting out a '58 Buick they have a nice little basic fuse box, comes off the firewall easy, uses regular terminals on the back. And it uses those "traditional" glass fuses.

4. American Motors and some Jeeps from mid to late 60's have a nice fuse panel; glass fuses, all labled, push-on terminals.

5. I wouldn't use the old German fuse boxes. They use those ceramic/plastic fuses with the tin or lead element on the outside. The exposed metal tends to oxidate as well as expand and shrink with temperature. It was always a good idea to periodically remove all these type fuses and bend the holding tabs toward each other to prevent fuses from falling out or arcing. Blade type fuses provide a much more solid connection.