Register now to get rid of these ads!

What doesn't SUCK?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Dec 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wowcars

Wowcars

Hunnert Car Pileup does NOT suck.
    VLV does NOT suck.
    Good friends bullshitting about their passion for this hobby does not suck.

2. Fastsporty

Fastsporty

No need Jim, I am the official thread killer, everybody hates me [​IMG]
    Ga-ren-tee this post dies after I post.
    It always does [​IMG]

3. JamesG

JamesG

What REALLY sucks- guys that reverse EVERYTHING YOU WRITE into a personal attack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your one to talk!............I could'nt restist....

4. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

5. [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Spelling and punctuation DO make a difference.

6. Honest

Honest
    from Dallas Tx

Thanks Buzzard

More stuff "dont suck"....than stuff that does suck.

Hop Up is at the top of the dont suck list.

7. JamesG

JamesG

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Spelling and punctuation DO make a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

My mistake! Give me a break man, I'm in Arkansas for crying out loud! Look, if we can't laugh at ourselves then who can we laugh at............. right!?

8. There ony a few things that suck in my world.
    Being broke. Not enough hours in the day. Missing deadlines and having a memory like a screen door. Being alone at Christmas time.
    As for not sucking:
    Goldchainers, for without them, the airbags everybody seems to love wouldn't be here or all the aftermarket parts they buy funding R&D for really cool stuff. Or Brookville making feet for '32 cowls. The more they buy, the better chances I'll find the EXACT little dohicky I need to finish my job off. Just think about it for a second.
    Opinions don't suck, like belly buttons everybody has 'em. Just some better than others.
    Scenesters don't suck because without them, who would buy our cars we grew tired of or project we don't want anymore. Eventually they get with the program. Not everybody was born with a hammered '32 Ford in the garage. Yes, grease belongs under my car not in my hair but just my opinion. (see above)
    Horders don't suck because at the estate sale you get everything for 50% less than they paid for it. Works out good for everybody in the end, so to speak.
    Car mags don't suck because everybody likes to look at nice pictures and gives people cool jobs.
    HAMB doesn't suck because of the exchange of ideas, opinions, legendary tales and mass meetings of everyday hot rod minds. I don't think I've read as much online as I have here in a few short months. My brain hurts and thank you for searchable archives. Too much too remember (also see above)
    I'm sure there is WAY more out there that doesn't suck but it's all in how you look at things.
    Was I being funny here? Of course I was. Funny but honest.
    I laughed out loud writing it! Don't take everything so serious.
    Read what Roger wrote. Makes alot of sense.

9. JamesG

JamesG

Theres a lot of things that suck, but we are in the best country on the planet and that does not suck. Guys, we dont have nothing to complain about. This may sound corney but I dont care! Theres folks who have it A LOT worse then we do.

10. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

how about we kill this thread along with our large egos and talk about cars. That wouldn't suck. We all have different opinions but remember just like when we were kids... We used to give each other the finger...say the perverbial F.. you and the next day we would defend one another to the death!! One thread keeps us together and lets stick to it.Hotrods..............

11. JamesG

JamesG

[ QUOTE ]
    how about we kill this thread along with our large egos and talk about cars. That wouldn't suck. We all have different opinions but remember just like when we were kids... We used to give each other the finger...say the perverbial F.. you and the next day we would defend one another to the death!! One thread keeps us together and lets stick to it.Hotrods..............

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that!

12. [ QUOTE ]
    My mistake! Give me a break man, I'm in Arkansas for crying out loud! Look, if we can't laugh at ourselves then who can we laugh at............. right!?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you were taking a month off, from posting, so that you could LEARN a little...how long has it been? Two weeks? Let's see how long it takes you to rack up another 211 posts. [​IMG]

Good pizza doesn't suck. Metal flake doesn't suck. Candies, pearls and lace panels don't suck either. Scallops AND flames on the same car don't suck. Smooth customs and loud hot rods don't suck.

13. ROCKET303

ROCKET303

My Ex-wife doesn't suck! now back to the topic...
    Plus AV8...your a regular..stay...i stopped posting on HAMB almost a year ago and know one really noticed...which is ok.HAMB has been a great source of information for me......If I needed a Question answered someone was there to help......That is the second best part of HAMB, the first best thing about HAMB is burndup's picture..........
    NOW HEY JIMA....MANY FOLKS WOULD LOVE TO GIVE KIRK SOME SHIT FOR..GOING TO THE DARKSIDE AS YOU PUT IT! Not because something is wrong or bad about your shows they are just different.......Good Guy shows are what they are, and I go and enter may car and have fun....Kirk and Jay started Billetproof as a alernative. A place for the home builder to show their cars and hang with people who did the same Low buck, low brow...The irony is that Your new Buddy used to talk shit about Good guys like it was the devil and hell itself and would constantly talk shit about Hamb it too. Until it served his purpose. No one has really said anything because it isn't worth the Fight that Ryan will have to monitor.Locally on the streets, the talk is a little different.......Ryan you are a 100% right...

14. JamesG

JamesG

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you were taking a month off, from posting, so that you could LEARN a little...how long has it been? Two weeks? Let's see how long it takes you to rack up another 211 posts. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont worry, I'v been doing a lot of reading.

15. [ QUOTE ]
    ...how long has it been? Two weeks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably closer to one.

16. Kustm52

Kustm52

Hey, trying to reply here...if you hit the instant gremlin button your post disappears...?

probably what happened to Av8.....

or is it just me? Well, I had an insightful reply written...probably better that it's gone...!

Brian

17. Like this? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Works for me.

18. DrJ

DrJ

Newton was wrong.

There ain't no gravity.

The whole Earth SUCKS! [​IMG]

I find it kinda scary how intense some people get about the "right kind of cars".
    Makes me think they have adopted what should just be a casual hobby as their religion, if ya get my drift.... [​IMG]

19. Design Guy

Design Guy

[ QUOTE ]
    ...Perhaps more to the poster's interest,
    Magazines that are thicker on Car Content (whetever the genre being reported on) than advertisement. Don't SUCK!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Being part of the magazine world, I hate to brake it to you Rooster, but this will never be the case for corporate mags. Hop Up and Rolls & Pleats, maybe, but never CR, R&C or (gag) SR... and especially not my magazine. Standard Advertising to Editorial percentage is 55% to 45%.

This sucks, but getting paid Doesn't suck. So I'll stand by my company.

20. modernbeat

modernbeat
    from Dallas, TX

What doesn't suck?

Tex Smith, Mark Morton, Bob Wilson and all those other guys that have a little bit of knowledge and are willing to share it - not hoard it.

21. skipstitch

skipstitch

Wow!!! I log in at the end of the weekend to my favorite Hot Rod message board to find a soap opera...THAT SUCKS! [​IMG] [​IMG]

22. customized

customized

Building a car that nobody likes but you.

23. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

why is it you ask "What doesn't suck" and mostly all you get back is what does?

24. Toqwik

Toqwik

What doesn't suck, no mater how bad my day was, no matter how bad my business is doing, it all goes away when I walk into the garage. To me, that is the definition of priceless.....Scott

25. Elrusto

Elrusto

DAMNIT!!!! $39.95 down the drain!!!!!

Attached Files:

26. KIRK!

KIRK!

What dosn't suck?? Opinions. Unless they're mine.

I apologize now for the lame ass soap opera crap to follow.

[ QUOTE ]
    ....MANY FOLKS WOULD LOVE TO GIVE KIRK SOME SHIT FOR..GOING TO THE DARKSIDE AS YOU PUT IT! Not because something is wrong or bad about your shows they are just different.......Good Guy shows are what they are, and I go and enter may car and have fun....Kirk and Jay started Billetproof as a alernative. A place for the home builder to show their cars and hang with people who did the same Low buck, low brow...The irony is that Your new Buddy used to talk shit about Good guys like it was the devil and hell itself and would constantly talk shit about Hamb it too. Until it served his purpose. No one has really said anything because it isn't worth the Fight that Ryan will have to monitor.Locally on the streets, the talk is a little different.......Ryan you are a 100% right...

[/ QUOTE ]

Then some folks should.

I absolutely used to talk shit about both the HAMB and Gooduys among BILLIONS of other things. I'm a pretty negative and opinionated person who hates long before he likes. I'm starting to mellow (only a tiny bit) with age.

I still do talk shit about the HAMB. As do most of the people I know that are on here. There is something wrong with everything. Having an opinion is human. I hear people talking shit right here ON the HAMB. So what? I, like many people, am the type of person who talks shit when I may not know enough about something. That was definitely the case when I first learned about the HAMB. It's still far from a utopian society but what isn't. It's a GREAT vehicle for getting the news out about upcoming events, among other things like last weeks tech stuff. I learned a lot of cool things. As for the Goodguys post. I just wanted to hear honest opinions and be able to respond to them rather than give some people more fuel for their continued behind my back fire (obviously, mission not accomplished). Do you think I thought anyone had forgotten things that I have said over the past years? Jesus!

I still talk shit about the Goodguys and will continue to if they don't follow through on wanting change as they've said. In fact I had more negative (constructive) opinions than positives during my meetings with them. They are looking for honest opinions of their gig. If adjustmentsm that JimA and I can make are carried out then it will benefit TONS of people not just the ones who know the coolest little show to go to. Also, I have a certain set of job related skills. They all point toward this job. I definitely feel no guilt after looking for a real job for over two years now. Sellout? Call it what you want. If I can't make a difference there then I failed. But I will. Plus, paying the bills is nice.

I find it pretty pathetic that this is the kind of stuff some people still think about. They might want to learn how to let things go and move on with their lives. I seem to just be a two-faced shitbag, but it still surprises the hell out of me when I hear that certain people have been talking shit about me. Move on guys. Do your own thing. I have.

As for the show... For being a dick I must be doing something right. Even with people choosing to boycott the show and convincing others to do the same it still grows and still affords the vast majority of attendees a good time. While the plan is to keep following the same successful formula things can be affected by swayed opinions. If that happens, it happens. I believe people would look back and remember the fun they had and wonder why it went away. It wouldn't be for lack of trying. But I think most people could give a shit less who I am or what I do outside the show. They just like to attend a fun event.

Someone I used to know told me this once:

"Kirk, I don't like to stir things up... You, on the other hand, speak your mind and tell people your opinions"

Yep, I sure do. Sometimes that pisses people off. Even me if it's about me. Can I get an AMEN Germ? But opinions should be taken with a grain of salt They are also like assholes, so sometimes I crap all over the place.[​IMG]

Again, sorry for the soap opera crap.

Things that don't suck:

-Finding that old car mag your missing from your collection.
    -Old cars.....duh!

27. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You guys all suck for adding to this post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.