Register now to get rid of these ads!

What doesn't SUCK?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Dec 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I read so many posts that all they do is complain about magazines, events, parts vendors and TV shows and it makes me wonder "WHAT DO YOU GUYS ACTUALLY LIKE?" Is there any thing that across the board people can talk about without every other comment being some smart ass backhanded slap?
    I actually expected Kirk to take a lot more shit for moving over to the "dark side" but maybe some of that prejudice has died down? Still read in the "hopefully you will have a positive effect" to mean something is still wrong.

I myself have a great example of something that "doesn't suck" and that is what Mark Morton does with "Hop Up." He has a loyal following and product that the only complaint can be it does not come out often enough. But it's one of those things that rides the border of not getting "too big" and selling out, but to come out any more frequently that would be the case. I applaud the work Morty does and just had to put in one positive post cause I just get sick of always hearing what SUCKS!

Also, the HAMB definitely DOES NOT SUCK! [​IMG]

2. hatch

hatch
    from house

Tough question to answer.....how about fluffy bunnies???... [​IMG]

3. metalshapes

metalshapes

I dont understand that to some people an Nader idolizing tree hugger seems to be less of an enemy than a person that likes different types of cars in addition to the "correct" one.
    Good for Kirk for doing what he is doing, and good for you too.

4. Pigiron

Pigiron

Life is good and everyday in the garage with my tools and cars is good. I love my wife. Hotrodding is cool. Been doing that all my life in one form or the other. Being with people that like to talk and do cars is neat. Cruzing down the road is good and wapping the throttle and smokin' the hides just for the sear joy of it is way over the top cool. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Pigiron

Pigiron

Opps! I forgot to mention looking in junk yards!!!! A bad at the junk yard beats a good day at work!!!! [​IMG]

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

And technically aren't you bitching right now???

Who's kirk and how come he uses the HAMB for all his PR?

[​IMG]

7. TINGLER

TINGLER

Making art DOES NOT SUCK.....(although many forms of art DO suck)

Kittens DO NOT SUCK...(I'd punch a guy in the mouth over that one).

The HAMB DOES NOT SUCK....(same here)

CRAGAR SS's DO NOT SUCK.....(gotta hang tough with this one)

PUPPIES DO NOT SUCK.....(but full grown dogs kinda suck)

Nice Fall days DO NOT SUCK....(about the only thing on earth that makes me feel like things are O.K.)

These are just a few things for me that absolutely DO NOT SUCK.

JT.

8. johndanger

johndanger

Five things that I think do not suck ;

1. hot chicks taking their clothes off
    2. good morning blow jobs ( from hot chick )
    3. eating
    4. video games
    5. doing burnouts ( if nothing breaks and you don't get busted )

sure it seems like 4 of these have nothing to do with hotrods , but if you get a little creative you can make it happen. I eat in the car all the time.

9. HAAS

HAAS

I gotta go with Jondanger on this one, except i dont like video games much.

10. Technically yes I am bitching about the bitchers, but I just had a revelation on Morty's "Reliability Run" that this is something that everybody wants to do, and NO body would ever complain about. Made we wonder if there is anything else car related out there with this same end result.
    I know that everybody likes to complain, just wondered what some of the "good things" are still out there.
    OOPS- I suck! [​IMG]

11. Morrisman

Morrisman
    from England

Stop bitching about other people and worry some more about your own life bud.

Bwaahaahaaa I'm only fuckin' with ya [​IMG] [​IMG]

Paul

12. Tony

Tony

Waking up in the morning dosn't suck.
    Being able to drive my hot rod dosn't suck.
    The ability to learn, hear or anyplace dosn't suck.
    The list is pretty long.

It's really easy to complain. For some reason we would rather complain about something than do anything to change it, even if we are the one's that need to change.

Life's short, way to short to always have a shitty outlook. This i'm learning first hand..i personally seem to bitch and look for the bad before good.
    Time to change that though..

Oh yeah,of course the HAMB dosn't suck. [​IMG]

Rat...

13. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

14. Muttley

Muttley

Thats a tough question, but to generalize my answer: Traditional hot rods, firearms, tits, cubic inches and days off from work. Hopefully I never meet up with Von Tingler because as far as I'm concerned ALL CATS SUCK. I have singlehandedly eradicated them from my neighborhood with my "FELINE RELOCATION PROGRAM". [​IMG] I was sick and tired of them pissing on my wheels and walking all over my fresh paint job.

15. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

They used to call us the silent majority. It's really only a few that do all the bitchin'. Think about all the lurkers that read this regularly and never say a word. People speak up with their pocket book. If the sales start to drop off then you need to pay attention. Don't let the whiners get you down.

16. TINGLER

TINGLER

[ QUOTE ]
    I was sick and tired of them pissing on my wheels and walking all over my fresh paint job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I gotta agree with the fact that when cats do this it DOES SUCK.
    But I do have a soft spot for kittens! (I'm so gay) [​IMG]

JT.

17. av8

av8

Let's see if I get this -- JimA discovers some neat concept years after it was accepted by the folk for whom it was intended, and slow Jim gets credit for the wonderfulness of his late discovery. Is that about right?

18. burndup

burndup
    from Norco, CA

I do not suck. Everything about me is great. I freakin rock. Everything I touch suddenly becomes insanely cool.

"Ohhh, my gawwwwd, you are so incredibly HOT!"

-a (hot)LESBIAN chick said this to me. Yes, I almost had that one turned around, almost but not quite. she was what she was...

[​IMG]

19. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I agree with whoever said "waking up in the morning". Unless you have gone through something that makes this event a "no show'. you will never appreciate the simple act of opening your eyes, getting up, and doing all the routine things the average day presents to you. It makes EVERYTHING worth it from the most pleasant experience to the very worse that happens. Unfortunately/fortunately I've had that experience and it went on for over 4 yrs.
    Thank the LORD for each day and make the most of it.

Frank

20. Trying to label what sucks and what doesn't...really sucks.

We are all individuals, and therefore we all like different things and think other different things suck. Read what people have said in response to the original question and that's perfectly clear.

Someone thinks something you like sucks, big deal! Live with it!

21. dusty

dusty

Seems like during tech week, nobody talked about things sucking,quite the opposite. Maybe thars gold in them there hills!

22. Glen

Glen

riding my bicycle on a beautiful 75 degree day 4 days before christmas does not suck.

Attached Files:

23. sedan_dad

sedan_dad

Asking "What sucks?" is like asking "Whats cool?"
    You'll get as many answers as there are members on the board.
    I don't think there are many cut and dry examples of sucky and non sucky.Everything should be taken on it's own merit.
    Creativity does not suck.Thinking outside the box does not suck.Honesty does not suck.Hard work does not suck.Beleaving in your self does not suck.

24. Rooster

Rooster

Continuing to hope we can afford to become a single income family Someday, Doesn't SUCK!
    Collecting parts in my little spare time, for the eventuality of some Free-time, to build a rod...
    Doesn't SUCK!!!
    The continuous hope for a brighter tomorrow, Doesn't SUCK!!!!(maybe it's optimistic...)
    Anything Traditional, Doesn't SUCK! Despite the occasional questions of taste.
    Anything remotely Car Related, Doesn't SUCK! I like Cars.(period)
    Cragar SS's Don't SUCK! They're a part of a more recent history than we talk of here.
    Trying to be helpful, even when you only have a small piece of the answer, that hasn't been mentioned yet. Doesn't SUCK!!!
    Any and All technically correct information, Doesn't SUCK!!!

Perhaps more to the poster's interest,
    Magazines that are thicker on Car Content (whetever the genre being reported on) than advertisement. Don't SUCK!!!
    Given that they have adequate reporting of the actual content.
    SMALL mags Don't SUCK! Waiting for them does!
    Opinions Don't SUCK, they're sometimes disagreeable, or nonsense, but they provide insight to reason of individuals.
    I could go on, but that would SUCK!!!

25. whizzerick

whizzerick

It may simply be JimA's un-poetic way of asking us (as Christmas is around the corner) what we ARE THANKFUL for?
    - I for one, feel blessed to have a loving familly and the freedom to agonize over what shade of marroon my next bike will be or if I'll run black or whitewalls... [​IMG]

26. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

What does not suck?
    Easy...
    Being free to speak my mind.
    Being free to build my cars how, when and where I want.
    Being free to build cars...PERIOD!
    Being free to DRIVE my cars anywhere in this great country.
    Being free to voice my OPINION (on anything) to my senators, congressmen and PRESIDENT!
    Being free to practice my own form of religion.
    Being free to go where I want, when I want...and not having to carry an AK47 for protection.
    Being free to earn any amount of money any way I feel like it...from digging a ditch to writing stories.
    Being free to quit any of the above when I feel like it.
    and finally,
    Being free to wish all of you a very Happy Holiday and wish for all of the world to live in peace.!!!
    R-

27. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

..leaf blowers dont suck

28. [ QUOTE ]
    Let's see if I get this -- JimA discovers some neat concept years after it was accepted by the folk for whom it was intended, and slow Jim gets credit for the wonderfulness of his late discovery. Is that about right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I finally understood you Mike, but obviously you are just one bitter old dude. I used an example of something I've long known was great, never intending it to be a "discovery". If I need to back it up ask Morty how I begged for another printed version long before the annuals came to be. Miserable Mr.B- if I misconstrued your obvious contempt for me don't bother to reply - I READ YOU LOUD AND CLEAR OLD MAN!

What REALLY sucks- guys that reverse EVERYTHING YOU WRITE into a personal attack.

I wish I had that bird flippin' smiley for you Mike!

29. [ QUOTE ]
    JimA: ...and it makes me wonder "WHAT DO YOU GUYS ACTUALLY LIKE?"

[/ QUOTE ]

We like posts that actually have something to do with
    hot rods,customs,tools,engines,racing,pinstriping,bikes,that sort of thing.

What do people talk about on the Good Guys Bulletin Board?
    And what color is the sky on your planet?

30. Now I know what sucks, this post. Don't bother to add to its or my SUCKINGNESS. I'm a posuer as Grumpy pointed out, and as useless as Ian so eloquently put it. Lock the post- I now know what sucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.