Register now to get rid of these ads!

What does everyone do for a living???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hemizach, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

M.Sc. in Ind Eng, Consultant in industrial maintenance and tech. business.

2. zzford

zzford

I'm a whore-monger.

3. tmacracin

tmacracin

I'm in oil and gas. I contract to multiple oil companies running day to day operations of production facilties. Pay is good but the hours suck so its all good

4. bluestang67

bluestang67

Tradesman for Ford motor co. I repair the presses that stamp out body parts . This keeps the hobby of cars at a toy level so they are still fun to work on . Here is a pic of a connecting rod as some will call it . We earn our money .

[​IMG]

5. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

You shouldn't have a problem findign a job out here in Cali.
    Push that Navy fire fighting training. It will go far. Half the stuff we did aboad ship and on the flight deck makes the normal fire fighting a joke. I am not knocking the profession of fire fight ..Ok, That profession is a bitch.
    I did shipboard fire fighting for 6 years. Not only were you worried about about the fire with no 911 to call but you had electrical hazards, explosions, sinking and you might be dead in the water with someone attempting to bomb your ass.
    Several of my fireman buddies walked right into the academy became instructors.
    Good luck.

6. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

WOW ......... lots of interesting vocations ...... mine is an ugly story ........ Retired from GE - Power Gen Div., went to work for CIBA Vision (ran tool repair) - got dumb & walked away after 5 yrs. ........ went back to welding for construction fabrication company - got layed off due to failing construction market & ended up where I'm at now (the past 3 yrs.) as the Operations Mngr. with a local moving company in Atlanta. Its not bad ..... if you enjoy babysitting 30-50 adults daily.

I still weld stuff on the side for hot rods & custom motorcycles. That keeps my mind clear.

Paco

7. HotrodHill

HotrodHill
    from northeast

10 years as a Chevrolet tech, 16 years in business building hot rods, muscle cars and drag cars, taught automotive at tech college for one year, restored cars for someone else for a year until they closed shop, now unemployed for first time in my life and restoring cars at home. Didn't think I would ever be looking for a job, oh well, could be worst. Still get restore cars and work on my own stuff, always have loved what I do, I figure thats half the battle.

8. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

9. Been in the auto repair and body shop business for 52 years. That includes 28 years at a Chevy dealer and last 12 years at my Street Rod and Auto Service. I retired 3 years ago but still wrench at my garage.

10. Jeff Walker

Jeff Walker

Been turning wrenches most my life. Currently have a one man shop doing auto repair and restoration. Do a lot of automatic transmissions and usually turn out one resto-paint job every year or so.

11. explodesmobile

explodesmobile
    from seattle

Diesel technician for international truck and engine corp.

12. Ice man

Ice man

I'm the Ice man, I repair ice manchines, and large volume coffee machines, 1500 -5000 cups per hr. I'm also retired, but my hobby keeps me working, as we all know.

13. Senior Industrial Designer designing (styling some might say) automotive interiors up here in Detroit. I love what I do, it's not work, and it's what I've always wanted to do-design cars.

In a former life I was a composites fabricator working in the defense industries.

14. I've been a freelance comic book artist / digital painter for the past 20 years. Mostly working for Marvel, DC and Image comics. Last month I started a 9-5 at a video game company as a 2D artist and designer. I also do freelance toy packaging design and anything else my art rep can throw my way.

15. HFKND1

HFKND1
    from Peoria, IL

Go to college and stay there as long a possible.......
    -Advertising Consultant to dealerships
    -Landlord
    -We build cars the way we like them and hope someone else likes them enough to buy them

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  16. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

I build municipal Vaccuum trucks, welder/heavy assembler.

17. 33mopower

33mopower

The big difference between this thread and the earlier threads is it appears there are a lot more unemployed.

18. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

I am lucky to have a job that will always be needed. Law enforcement and humble civil servant. 12hr shifts can be a bitch sometimes but 4 days off every other week gives me plenty of time in the garage.

19. I'm retired from the the Navy. I now work for a local tugboat company. Part time deckahnd part time captain.

20. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

I'm a emergency managment technitian...

In other words...A armed secretary (the sheriff)

Basically I serve all the non-tax paying citizens of my area and get to view why birth control is such a good idea 11.42 hours a day. I do not mind in the least working my behind off for those folks that need it (the few good people in my area) but am burned out on the lyin, cheatin, theiven bastards I usually serve...yeah I work in the hood...heck the hood aint got nothin on my area...I typically work at least one shooting a night....most of the time more...Eh least its a job...

21. billbrown

billbrown
    BANNED

i fight evil from my service bay in a Pontiac Dealership. I got to work on a vette once. Thats about all the exctiement i get.

22. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

I work in the SEMA Industry aka performance aftermarket automotive manufacturing. Was the head of tech HERE for a couple of years while I was in Colorado. Now I'm the head tech HERE.

23. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

3 years as a ford tech, wyotech before that. I'll be honest, there are some nights I get home and am so burnt out the last thing I wanna do is wrench on my own car.

24. Harris

Harris

10 years as a Firefighter, High angle/Trench rescue, Haz-Mat Tech/Instructor

Sounds great, gives me plenty of time off - but I'm usually too tired and or broke to to much on my rod.

25. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

I take out asbestos for money
    well someone has to
    Bob

26. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Mig/Tig/Arc welder for 12 years.......Phone/Data 15 years :confused:

Attached Files:

27. moldyoldy

moldyoldy

I make die-cast metal figures for winter villages and model railroads. You may have seen our stuff in the Vermont Country Store catalog. If you remember the old skaters and skiiers you used to buy in Woolworth's or if you remember those lead soldiers with the separate tin helmets, that's exactly what we make.

28. Flat_Broke

Flat_Broke

i'm a truck driver

29. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

30. karfer67

karfer67

head mechanic at college cyclery in sacto ca

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.