Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you listen to in your garage?

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by 41 C28, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I have CD's, LP's, radio and pandora in the shop and check out (research?) music on youtube.
    I listen to most kinds of music, from all over the world.
    But yes, sometimes just the sound of turning a wrench is nice.

2. 32 hudson

32 hudson

I listen to 24/7 Internet Radio or Rockabilly.net

3. Usually just the voices in my head saying “you dumb shit, why did you do that”

Deuces and Paul like this.
  4. pnevells

pnevells

Outlaw Country on Sirius XM

texasred and DenverFlash like this.
  5. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

While working in the garage on my latest quiet project, this song popped up on my random play Ipod Touch Playlist. It came through the custom powered speakers quite well. It wasn’t like powering through 15 inch base speakers and 9 inch metal horns, but for the small garage, it did quite well. Blind Faith was a composite group, but a powerful one at that.

“Blind Faith was an English supergroup featuring Steve Winwood, Eric Clapton, Ginger Baker, and Ric Grech, active in mostly 1969. They were eagerly anticipated by the music press as a continuation of Clapton and Baker's former group Cream and Winwood's former group Traffic, but they split after one album and tour.”

But, that one album was a killer album and digitally, it was remastered and now sound outstanding.

BLIND FAITH WITH THE SUPER GROUP MUSICIANS…

Jnaki

There is a back story to this song: “Can’t Find My Way Home.” When our cell phones came out with the ability to program in various song clips as a ringtone, I selected this one for my wife. The song and album had lot of history for us. We were just married the year before and were addicted to rock and roll music blasting all day and into the night. But, I thought that many years later the song would be perfect for her ringtone when she needs help.

“Can’t Find My Way Home,” is a classic description of pre-Google Map days and I usually had to tell her which was West and homeward bound. Sometimes simple directions written down did nothing as a missed road or entrance to the freeway caused more damage than not knowing where the person is located.

So, she has that song as a call sign on my current, but, old cell phone. She still laughs as most people these days have their cell phones on buzz only… But, once a rock and roll guy…it is always a great memory of being 20 somethings and care free. Wow, in this pandemic and being locked in place, “Can’t Find My Way Home” is no longer, as we ARE home.

She still calls me when I am missing in action, somewhere in the house or garage. We hear that song almost daily or weekly as she needs to find me in our small house. Actually, the garage is a great place to work and hide at the same time. Ha!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    Just Gary, texasred, wfo guy and 2 others like this.
  6. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

The buzzing in my ears from not wearing hearing protection at too many races, concerts, shooting at the range, etc, when I was younger. The plus side is not having to respond to all the dumb $#!t people say to me because I can't hear them.

gearhead9663, sidevalve8ba and Deuces like this.
  7. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

after Motorhead concert 83 or 84 ,isle of man TTraces deafness set in for a few days .great concert though

jockeyshift41 likes this.
  8. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I was listening to Avril Lavigne earlier.
    I try to find different music that can be inspirational, romantic or just happens to hit the moment and be fun, then when I find the song or songs I send them to my wife at work during her night shift at one of the skilled nursing facility's.
    Some songs are meant to be shared with her residents that become such a big part of her life and also mine.
    Just the other morning I know she will be helping one of her favorites (She calls mommy ) up for the morning and I sent Cyndi Lauper "Girls Just To Have Fun" , mommy was dancing the best she could and asked for a margarita. :)

wfo guy likes this.
  9. Boodlum

Boodlum

Tonight it's Texas Red Dirt Country

And some Charlie Robison "Desperate Times"

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  10. jockeyshift41

jockeyshift41
    from Florida

Saw Motörhead dozens of times back in New York during the 80’s-90’s. Ears rang for days afterwards every time.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

nunattax likes this.
  11. spanners

spanners

What's that line from Good Morning Vietnam? "I don't care what you play, just play it loud, O.K. "

LOU WELLS and wandi harry like this.
  12. Deuces

Deuces

One of my favorite movies... I always watch when it comes on the tube!.... :)

captaintaytay likes this.
  13. Was Walter Trout tonight.

texasred and Kiwi 4d like this.
  14. 03GMCSonoma

03GMCSonoma

50's and 60's music.

15. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry but no tunes in a shop to me is like a morgue, cold and dead. On radio in Nz we have few choices for oldies (like 60s 70s 80s) the sound station is cool , we need Sirius in NZ , our stations are B O R I NG. When we finally get to come back to the US we will make sure our rental car has Sirius firmly locked into country . But for my personal selection on blue tooth,rockabilly dominates has done for decades, modern country, a little psychobilly, hank 1, 2 and 3 and a good ol dose of the good blues , reverend Horton heat. When the power goes off and i have no tunes its like a vacant empty space ( like my head), thankfully a power outage is very rare.
    I don’t know how some of you guys have video or tv shows in your shop, to me that’s just unproductive distractions to turning wrenches .

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    nunattax and Barrelnose pickup like this.
  16. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Barrelnose pickup likes this.
  17. Supertramp this arvo and this evening, good doing tunes.

18. Sandgroper

Sandgroper

Mostly local station 94.5 FM or as my kids like to call it "old farts fm" :cool:
    When it gets too 80's on goes the Alice Cooper or AC DC.

19. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

My clock; now I know why it was thrown out at work. Makes as much noise as the transmissions in the sugar cane tri axles in Jamaca. Them guys could smile but they couldn't shift!

20. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

He has some great music. RIP Tony.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

captaintaytay and nunattax like this.
  21. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

22. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Same Old Music...No Reason To Change... R-368232-1316346717_jpeg.jpg

grey49ghost likes this.
  23. AccurateMike

AccurateMike

The YouTube algorithm mix on in the shop now
    Sungrazer, Causa Sui, Yob, Om, Melvins, The Machine, All Them Witches, Telesma, Dead Meadow, Isis, Re-Stoned, Tool, Puscifer, Pink Floyd, Kyuss, Heavy Sight, Field
    I guess it knows me pretty well. Mike

24. Don Walser, Pavarotti of the plains!

Ben

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    Lone Star Mopar likes this.
  25. Deuces

Deuces

Did I mention that I like anything with some cowbell in it????.....:D

Just Gary likes this.
  26. vinny harms

vinny harms

Rockabilly 70s funk and doo wop oldies

birth day febuary 21 2008

40two and Deuces like this.
  27. spanners

spanners

Does that include Honky Tonk Women by the Rolling Stones?

Barrelnose pickup and Deuces like this.
  28. Deuces

Deuces

Yep!... Big time!.... :D:D;)