Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you do for a living?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stinsonart, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 55oldsrocket

55oldsrocket
    from Santa Ana

i help my pops run his asphalt paving buisness. i do sales and sometimes manage projects.

anyone need asphalt or conrete work here in socal let me know.

2. VonDad

VonDad

Drive an 03 Pete Dumptruck annn sometimes operate machinery.. Big stuff.... actually

I haul shit.

Not literally.....

VonDad

3. Ratty55

Ratty55
    from Frohna,MO

I hand make custom LED brake lights/turn signals/reverse lights for pre 1970 cars/trucks whatever. Specifically 67-72 chevy trucks.
    Ratty55
    [​IMG]

4. i am a professional steering wheel holder / garbologist at night / eddie duece big below man whore during the day. manage to squeeze in time to build cars somwhere in between i love my jobs the finds are great and very satisfing
    its good to be the king

5. injectedA

injectedA

I engineer commercial HVAC installations and then PM the larger jobs. 2008 and the school shown below has never had AC. Very challenging.

Evenings and weekends we have also been building a 50’ sailboat for the last 6 years for the owner of the company, NICE!!! Sleeps 12 and has everything a home would need. We just took it down the Mississippi, over to Kentucky Lake, took everything the Westerbeke had! at one point I think we were going backwards :) and getting caught up in the barge wakes and spinning a few rounds was a lot of fun. scary!!! and then down to Mobile where the mast is getting stepped and the sails made. Then we are off to St. Thomas :) hell yeah!!! where she will port out of.

He also owns a prop tooling supply business. What I am most proud of over the last year is the design, machining and building (literally in my garage and it did kick my ass!) of an MRI Prop measuring/repair table, hydraulically actuated at three points. Designing the arbors as we speak, from ¾” to 3-1/2”.

Attached Files:

6. mudbone

mudbone

retired from progress energy after my wife got her new job as a test pilot at the broom factory

7. Road Runner

Road Runner

I make Guitars and Tube Amplifiers.
    One could say 'traditional', but I just call it old-world craftsmanship.

Art deco style cars, guitars, tube amps and music are my life.

Attached Files:

8. Brandi

Brandi

I'm a banker for now.

Eventually though I'd like to do something with hot rods - own my own company. Don't think I want to build them though. I've got a couple ideas I'm tossing around.

9. flathead A

flathead A
    from michigan

I've been building plating racks since 1974.My dad retired in 91 and we bought the business from him.

10. bukibkr

bukibkr

11. Collect Unemployement

12. Gerg

Gerg

I fix computers... If anyone from the mid-west knows piggly wiggly grocery stores i work at the main office and i maintain all of the hardware at the stores.

13. bukibkr

bukibkr

Ya, Someone besides Rich Yuppies can get one now....,LOL:D

14. 19LaidBack37

19LaidBack37

Attend college full time for a Forensics/CSI degree, and work at Fedex and do landscaping when not in school.

15. al bundy

al bundy
    from bay area

cable splicer for AT&T (cable maintance)

16. flynstone

flynstone

...................................399.......................hollywood.........................................

17. inkundone

inkundone

collect unemployment

18. eye bone

eye bone

Even though I’m often mistaken for a Bum… I’m an Artist/Musician… Oh wait… I guess I am a Bum! LOL

19. layin_frame_56

layin_frame_56
    from Ohio

Railroad Conductor and a little metal fab at home on my cars/trucks and anything else i need to do to my rides..Mike

20. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

cardiovascular anesthesia in a trauma hospital,see alot of shit,shootings,stabbings,attempted suicides,car accidents,and people shoving all sorts of shit up there ass,then wanting to get it out...stories i could tell ya

21. Jay71

Jay71

Pester the lady in the service department to let me use the computer so I can check the H.A.M.B 100 times a day. Also gel coat/fiberglass repair and turn wrenches on the boats occasionally. Slow as hell right now though!

22. stinsonart

stinsonart

WOW!!! Your work is simply exquisite!

23. mopoboy

mopoboy

Great thread! 30 year survivor in the telecommunications industry, nearly 22 years with a major telecommunications manufacturer based in Canada. Done everything from residential phone installation and repair to managing multi-million dollar product test labs in the U.S. and Canada. Currently managing new product customer beta trials for integrated voice response (IVR), voice mail, and conferencing systems. Been a telecommuter for the last three years, haven't had a face-to-face meeting with my boss in the last five years.

24. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Im a barber in a maternity ward :) I used to be a test pilot for park davis and a couple other major drug company's ..
    Dave

:)

25. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

I'm an 18 wheel, 13 speed, knuckle crushin, gear grindin, loose nut behind the wheel. Been truckin' for 8 years and love it. I've been driving for Frito-Lay for three years now. Gotta make sure the fatties get their Frito's.

26. Airport Pump Jockey

27. Road Runner

Road Runner

Thanks - I appreciate kind words from a fellow artist!

I'm all self-taught, as with all else in life.
    - The only way to get to the core of something and maybe even about yourself.

Great thread you started here.
    I wondered what some of the more creative folks on this site do otherwise.

28. Parts counterman at a truck/auto repair shop. Driveshaft builder for 18 years.
    Chassis, suspension,power takeoff, drivetrain tech guy.

29. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

catalog tech for a large company by day... graphic designer / attempted mechanic by night...

30. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

Field Service Engineer servicing Laboratory equipment. Waiting to retire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.