Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you do for a living?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stinsonart, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old wood 51

old wood 51
    from NAPA CA.

I work for a parks & recreation district- Irrigation maintenance... It's a good union gig ,start at 6 off by 2:30 M-F, 4 weeks vacation, 2 weeks sick leave, 13 paid holidays, been at it for 8 yrs now,.... 20 minute drive to get there. that leaves plenty of time for the wife, kids, and cars before it get dark outside.

2. 067chevy

067chevy

I'm just messing around with old cars, building old cars, finding old cars, and selling old cars 28-40 fords. My dream job,having fun and making a livin at it. welder/Fabricator by trade and used to own and operate my own construction co.

3. 39 Ford

39 Ford

Retired collect pension/Social security and play/sleep/ read/work on projects etc. I hope every one on here gets to do the same .

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

5. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

I'm an irritating prick, but ya'll knew that allready.I've been tattooing 30 years
    [​IMG].[​IMG]

6. I do design and drafting for a job shop, mostly Stainless steel products. Program lasers and punch presses. 24 years with the owners (one is a hot rodder) gives me full use of the shop.I make alot of custom car parts for local car builders.Makes life fun and pays real good. Gary

7. 7 years ago ,on a whim,bought a Stump Grinding machine..I go around after tree companies fell the trees and grind the stumps out for them....ya don't exactly have to be a PhiBetaKappa to grind a hole in the ground....show up,grind 'em out,get paid ,go home,work on the TrackT project ..Who'd a thunk a living could be made doing this?...Never enjoyed going to work til I got into this racket..

Stan

8. chicagocody

chicagocody
    from chicago

welder/ fabricator @ grover welding in skokie just north of chicago. also took and pasted the test for the CFD now just waiting to get the phone call...

9. Horsepower67

Horsepower67

LMAO :D

10. ROCKET303

ROCKET303

NICE WORK....I JUST REMODEL MY WHOLE KITCHEN, IT SURE AIN'T CHEAP!

11. skyrodder

skyrodder

At&t Installing U-verse Tv and Internet

12. ROCKET303

ROCKET303

~ I sell Harley-Davidsons @ Northern California's Largest Dealership.~
    been doin' it for 25 years, the bloom is off the blossem.

13. junkyardroad

junkyardroad
    from Colorado

I work as a distributor to the finest hotels and homes in the world in Aspen, CO. The best craftsmanship in wood and metal in the world can be seen in these homes and garages where money is not a problem. Even POS import eggs are detailed to the max. The most exotic supercars are everywhere. And the women will stop you in your tracks. Why does this suck? Because when you thrive on 70 year old hot rods, you have about 3 months a year to enjoy summer at 8000 feet. I'm lucky to ride my 62 mile commute for 8 weeks on a m/c on days where temps go from 30 to 80. The money is good. The jet set environmentalists are not.

14. Randy Ferguson

Randy Ferguson

Coachbuilder - custom sheetmetal shaper.

I've found a niche market building '37-'42 Willys sheetmetal replacement panels.

This ugly ol' boy is me. The scratch built aluminum fender fits a '63 Impala Z-11
    [​IMG]

15. BigThree

BigThree

At the risk of suffering slings and arrows.

I'm working my way up as a Honda Tech. Believe me I don't like 'em, doubt I'll drive one but I'm good at it and its good money. I'd give it up in a heartbeat if I could find a stable job at building cars. Anybody hiring???

16. I provide contract support to the Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) staff. Mostly, I create massive PowerPoint briefs.

Before that, I spent 20 years on active duty, flying around the world in P-3Cs.:D

17. crook

crook
    from Winder,Ga

Own a small sign business, and I'm a male stripper...I mean striper.

18. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

I am a retired High School Guidance Counselor......had a career of 35 years as an Art Teacher, Administrator and Counselor over that time........

In my spare time time I am the All Seeing, All Knowing, All Omniscient Master of Space and Time........

CB

19. groove

groove
    from kelowna BC

I own a contracting company, need to hire 'cumperter prgrmer' to sort out 'akowntin ishoos'.:D

20. Drag'n 59

Drag'n 59
    from DALLAS, TX

I build custom aircraft cabinets for oil rich folks (middle eastern) and other people you never here about...

21. glmke

glmke

I build trucks. Freightliner truck plant portland oregon.PROUD UNION MEMBER!!!!! I.A.M local 1005

22. jj mack

jj mack

FAIN?

23. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

24. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Was a graduation/school panorama photographer in the L.A. area for 30 years and a Mayor/Councilmember in my city from 1996-2004.
    So. after after standing on a ladder trying to photograph 10's of thousands of "charming" junior and high schoolers for 30 years and my years as a Mayor, I probably have gotten the finger more than anyone on the HAMB.

But, success is the best revenge. I retired in 2003 at 52. :D:D:D

25. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

If i told you i'd have to kill you! I install major Appliances,and everything else for a Home Hardware store.

26. Why? are you writin'a book?

27. gettacarguy

gettacarguy
    from ohio

County Park Director

28. i drive a tractor trailer for yellow frieght around the south of boston area and i belong to the teamsters union

29. Tbomb428

Tbomb428
    from SoCal

Industrial Designer; Automotive accessories, wheels, etc. The fun part of the job is being on the design team for SEMA show cars with ginormous budgets. :)

30. Corvette64

Corvette64

I'm a double knot spy

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.