Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What do you do concerning the gas tank ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by exterminator, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

That must have been in the old days.
    Gas stations around here are reluctant to fill, or let the driver fill, haywire fuel tanks.

2. exterminator

exterminator

I'm sure.

3. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Not all tank sealers are created equal. I use RED KOTE, ethanol doesn't affect it. Been in my farm tractor about 5 years, in the Lincoln tank about 3 or 4 years. Still looks just like it did after it first cured.

4. I've been down the clean and seal road with some luck but nothing beats a new tank. Cleaned the tank on my Cadillac only to find the pick up tube rusted off, bought a repop tankand my troubles were over.

5. Fireball Five

Fireball Five

This should go without saying but never go near a gas tank with any kind of flame.
    An empty bone dry tank is just as dangerous as one with fuel. I have had 2 friends severely burned and another
    who died from exploding tanks.
    If J B won't fix it, replace it or take it to a business that specializes in this.
    Fireball 5