Register now to get rid of these ads!

what do ya do, with a damn ol four door!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarliner, Oct 12, 2003.

1. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

You turn it in to a two door.Im fairly new here and I never did post any pics of my car,just didnt know how to.It started with an ideal, I always thought a 60 Ford had some decent lines,the first one I saw,I thought,man that almost looks like a custom car in stock clothes.Started looking for a starliner hardtop,with no luck.Either I didnt have enough money for the right car or I found a rusted out hulk.So after about a year of saying I gotta have one,I got this really stupid ideal,what if you took a two door sedan or even a four door sedan and used a starliner roof to make one decent car?Sounds easy,ya right,if dont know anything about body work!Found a real decent old 4 door,six stick,and a rusted out beyond repair starliner or a roof anyway.Choprods is responsible for all the body work,he started on a fri.evening and on sat.evening,late,I drove it out of the shop as a two door starliner.Let me tell ya when that roof came off,some of us, we were a wondering!But he put it all together and it happened!He also reshaped the rear fender wells,I never did like the stock rear fender well openings,and thought, if they matched the front the cars rear lines would flow better..After a week or so of driven the six, I decided it needed MORE POWER,so again with the help of several good wiser--buds-and good friends, we installed a 460, four speed.Its been on the road over a year and Ive really enjoyed it,really needs a lot more work,but Ive been having so much fun its hard to give it a rest.So thanks for looking at it and also thanks to choprods and all my buds and thier buds,who helped in getting it going ,for without them,this car would be putn around as a stock 4 door.

Attached Files:

2. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

another view

Attached Files:

3. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

another

Attached Files:

4. Donzie

Donzie

Looks good. Who woulda known, huh? I like the rear wheel well treatment.
    Maybe Starliner will post a pic of his '60.

5. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

another pic

Attached Files:

6. manyolcars

manyolcars

We knew Choprods wuz GOOD, we jes dent know he wuz THAT good! Excellent work!

7. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Thanks for the compliments guys,it makes me feel like all the work was worth it.Again thanks!

Attached Files:

8. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

That has always been one of my favorite Fords. Yours is a really sweet one!

9. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

10. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

The Europeans have been doing this shit forever because of lack of raw material. I predict this will happen more over here as vintage tin starts getting scarcer.
    What a great job choprods did, he's probably the most experienced car chopper on this board.
    Congrats on having faux two door of the best Ford design IMHO.
    Are you coming to Daytona? I'd love to see her in person.