Register now to get rid of these ads!

what did your father pass on to you???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4rod, Apr 10, 2013.

1. cavistyle

cavistyle
    from baltimore

His last name and a pissed off ex-wife.

2. Cargo

Cargo

Advice. "Keep that thing in your pants or you'll catch the Chinese crawlin crud".

3. 63comet

63comet

I still have a few if his tools, most were stolen.

The biggest two things he passed on to me were a taste for liquor, not so good, and what I refer to as God hands. My father was a hell of a craftsman and I like to believe that I inherited my aptitude from him. He was a watchmaker and a jeweler and I'm a tattooed but I still feel that the ability to pass beauty from my hands through tools came from him.

4. SOHC427

SOHC427

A shitty hairline, a ton of love and help, and a belief in anything I wanted to do.
    Could not ask for a better Father!
    Eric

5. RustyPile

RustyPile

My Mom died when I was 19 years old.. My Dad left this earth 4 years later.. Neither of them got to see their grandchildren. My Dad didn't leave me any material things, but he gave me a wealth of knowledge.. Anything worth doing is worth giving it your best. Be honest in all your dealings with other people. Treat all people the same no matter their race, religion, or financial status.

RustyPile

6. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

Welding expertise. Dad was a pipeline welder (fifty year member of 798 union).