Register now to get rid of these ads!

What did you score at the Sunflower swap meet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by irondoctor, Feb 1, 2008.

1. irondoctor

irondoctor
    from Newton, KS

I did ok. Got a spot welder, a crown gas pump globe, a truck load of ford brake backing plates, BLC headlights, headlight bar, and some other misc junk.

The 51 Pontiac looked like a good deal. Also suprised at how many model A cowls I saw.

2. Hope you all left me something. Travis and I aim to hit it first thing in the morning.

3. guiseart

guiseart

say hi to my dad if you see him Kerry... he should be "meandering" around tomorrow.

4. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I saw alot of good Model A stuff. Overall volume might be down but quality is up. Should be more stuff on Saturday. I bought a nice 1932 Kansas license plate and a good cup of Starbucks coffee. Saw alot of Hambers including BenD and BScott who is a vendor there. It's also a good place to buy your vintage style tires and not have to pay shipping. Wallace Wade Tires is there and they have a big variety including some WWW's. Alot of good vendors selling carb and intakes too. Saw alot of dropped straight axles and many were drilled. Saw a cast aluminum Duvall style windshield frame for $300. Free admission but $3 parking.

5. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

6. Will do Greg.

BTW I called a buddy who I thought would want your trailer. Turns out he bought one locally just about like it a little over a month ago. :-/ Sorry.

7. Any cheap Hilborn pumps, magnetos, or early hemi stuff? I know Casto's probably got some hemi stuff in the south building... he always does.

8. Got a pair of new old stock 50's or 60,s Offenhauser headlight stands! Can't wait till I can get that cast alumium all polished up.

9. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Cheap??? I think you know that answer.

10. Well a guy can hope, can't he?

11. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

I picked up a metalflake blue superior steering wheel... and a white superior steering wheel ... and a pair of old Edelbrock valve covers for SBC... and pair of narrow aluminum slots....and a pair of wheel adaptors [in the box]. I just didn`t find much in `40 ford parts.. I`m going back tomorrow to see what I missed today.

Tom T.

12. OK, time to add it up.

A Mallory magneto, tach, and cable but missing the rotor, cap, and external coil - $20 Cheap enough? :) It's making a nice fat spark at the points to feed the coil.

Also a narrowed 9" housing, a 9" case, a Turbo 350 trans, and a pair of Airheart disks and calipers.

It was a good day.

13. What about that stack of intakes? (edit) Just realized that was yesterday. You'll have to wait to see the damage he did today.

14. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Good for you Kerry. It's good to be cheap.

15. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Got a green flaked steering wheel, 57 ford rear housing, axles and brakes, early ford round spindles and split bones all for my new project, and a cool little cal-custom scoop. Most of all got to meet and talk with Kerry and Tsquared for a while ( great guys ) also saw Ben D and a bunch of other HAMB'rs Couldn't stay for the meet and greet had to get rolling back to Nebr. Gary

16. Roothawg

Roothawg

Nada thing...

well, not car parts, a couple of signs for the shop and a harmonic balancer puller.

17. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Pair of fenton headers for my 40 a couple of cool radatron gauges a few old magazines and a 67 ISCA show program....not too much considering it was 9 hrs 1 way!

18. mongo51

mongo51

I picked up a 3x2 intake and carbs for my 51. My friend picked up an old cooler and some mis. bike parts. Dad picked up to much to list for his new 34 project. Had a good time and talked to a few HAMBER'S.

19. NoSurf

NoSurf

I didn't buy or sell anything.

I did get some free stuff for my coupe from TomT though.

And I got to meet Whitey McDonald, notable local flathead guru, and chat with him for awhile about my flatty rebuild.

Best of all- I got to see and hang out with alot my friends.

20. Steve DeTar

Steve DeTar

Tunnel ram for a 383/400 Low Deck Mopar

21. Got a chrome grill and turn signal bezels for my 58 Suburban, some signs for the shop, Some big block Chevy stuff, tall deck 427, 049 heads, cam andl ifters.

22. One thing that struck me was the lack of tin and parts cars. With no outside vendors there seemed to be very little of that kind of stuff.

23. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I agree with that. Look for those at the Lincoln meet in March as well as Chickasha, OK and of course Lawrence, KS in the spring.

24. Psycho Daddy

Psycho Daddy
    from Kansas

Didn't go to the swap meet but did pick up a 37 flathead complete, new to HAMB old to Wichita; would like to ask for advice from time to time and believe in the Golden Rule, know Chevys mostly.

25. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Looked like there was a lot of empty spaces inside too, maybe the weather had a little to do with that, but I think not having the outside spaces really hurt the swap meet. Gary

26. Anybody know why they didn't have outside stalls?

27. Prop Strike

Prop Strike

Pair of steel wheels, 9" spool, and cool little Harrison puke tank that will look good polished up.

28. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

I bought an A pickup bed, white superior wheel, 6 ft. tall Blue Streak metal cabinet, and some small trinkets.

Not a bad meet, but sure was down on the sheet metal. I hope they offer the outdoor spaces next year.

Most of the super deals were gone real early.

29. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Chickasha is always lean on everything in the spring. The fall meet is always the best.

30. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Povertyflats is actually talking about the Chickasha Pre-War swap in March which is a different deal than the Spring/Fall Chickasha meets.